PLATEAU - do I need a reset?

lforner46
lforner46 Posts: 103 Member
Okay - I took an inventory of my gross calories for the past 8 weeks. Here are my figures:

I average 1638 per day, I average 376 in exercise. This leaves me a net of 1262 calories. There are days when I eat and drink more and days when I workout more and eat less.

Is my metablism ruined? I haven't weighed below 156 pounds in 11 years. I'm beginning to think I'm doomed!!

My workout is this: circuit training 2 days, 2 hours per week, cycling, outdoors 45 to 1 hour, high intensity. Walks at lunch - 30 minutes.

Any thoughts? I am 5'6 157 - with a goal weight of 145 !!!

Replies

• HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    I think you could try going right to your cut and stay there for 6-8 weeks. If you aren't losing then go for a reset.
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Hi there.

Yes, you can always try to go to the cut first and see what happens. If nothing changes do a reset.
    Did you ever think of incorporating strength training to your routine? It helps the process quite a bit :)
  • lforner46
    lforner46 Posts: 103 Member
    Hi there.

Yes, you can always try to go to the cut first and see what happens. If nothing changes do a reset.
    Did you ever think of incorporating strength training to your routine? It helps the process quite a bit :)

I do strength training 2 days per week but in a 'circuit style workout so i get cardio with it.

I think the cut is 1500 calories a day. Wondering if 100 calories a day will help ?