WTF right leg? Why you so mad at me?

So I'm having problems with my right leg.

--The medial/inside aspect of my right kneecap is achey. Doesn't matter if I'm running or hiking; when I'm done, it's mildly hurting.

--I can't do the butterfly stretch (where you sit with the soles of your feet together and drop your knees off to the side) on the right hip. It's actually pretty painful -- the best way I can describe it is that it feels like something is "stuck" in there, and it's pulling really, really tightly. I can drop the left leg almost to the floor, but I can only drop the right leg a few inches and then PAIN.

The culprit may be my car, believe it or not. We just moved back to Massachusetts, and drove here from Wisconsin. I did all the driving, and even with cruise control set most of the time, my right leg/hip ached after each day driving.

Does anyone have any advice? Something I can change in the way I sit in the car? An unusual stretch to "un-stick" my hip? And should I have a knee brace or something on that right knee?

Thanks for all/any advice! I'm re-starting my calorie counting and c25k again, and here's to hoping I can see it through this time.

-mph