Daily Chit ~ Chat

Options
sunshinedean
sunshinedean Posts: 82 Member
I thought we could start a daily chit ~ chat thread where we could touch base with each other and help encourage/motivate each other ~ a place we can talk freely to one another.

Yesterday I think my body hit the "wall" of exhaustion. It took everything I had to crawl out of bed, no time for shower (I delayed moving to long) I voyaged to work and felt really crappy in all senses of the word!! I was cold, achey, exhausted ~ I canceled my plans for a work out and went home after work......went upstairs to "take a nap" and didn't get up until this morning!!

Today is a much better day ~

The "old Betty" would have pushed through to attempt the work out; forced myself to stay up and do for my family (would have been very grumpy about it so they really would encourage me to "rest") But NO-No -no I would pain stakingly push on until I was sicker then a dog and then be out for the count for days!!!

I am finding this "listen to my body" thing works ALOT better!! :wink:

Replies

• deb_jones
    deb_jones Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you just HAVE to go to bed. I woke up yesterday with an ache on the side of my neck. Sort of like a stiff neck but much much worse. Even vicodin did nothing. Figuring it's just the stupid fibro because it's somewhat better today ... at least today I can move. LOL Last week it was pain in my left chest bone. Gotta love (not) fibro. It keeps ya guessing. :sick:
  • tammyclinch
    tammyclinch Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    i am new and just found out a fibromayalgia.pls help diet exercise or any other tips.tired all the time and i cant have caffiene...hurts to exercise.....feel like crying all the time
  • sunshinedean
    Options
    i am new and just found out a fibromayalgia.pls help diet exercise or any other tips.tired all the time and i cant have caffiene...hurts to exercise.....feel like crying all the time

Welcome to our group ~ feel free to look through all past posts to gather information ~ we are all different so what works for me may not work for you. BUT the way I got past the hopeless feelings you are feeling is to NOT GIVE UP TRYING ~ search, try different things until you find something that works for you!! feel free to add me as a friend
  • krisjnic
    krisjnic Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you just HAVE to go to bed.

My favorite advice from a CFS/Fibro self-help guru: "When all else fails, go to bed."
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    Im sorry everyone. I am still here and still working out. Just in a bit of a funk right now. Stress has really gotten to me lately. So I may or may not be commenting as much. But I am still here.
  • tammyclinch
    Options
    Can diet affect fibro? if i eat from the canadain food guide will this help??
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options

For me. As I started losing weight, exercise, and eatting better it helped some. Not going to lie didn't cure it but help some. Winter is coming in my area soon so we will see how that goes. He is hoping it wont be to bad.

Hope that helps. Since I don't know what the canadian food guide is can't really answer regarding that. Do you have a link for it?
  • going2befit4ever
    going2befit4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I found out that I have some food intolerances and allergies and if my diet isn't "clean"I have more pain:( sometimes it seems it doesn't matter if I am clean I am in terrible pain but if I cheat its worse and the mind is foggy--gluten makes it so painful i don't go near it

Exercise helps I do yoga every day and that seems to work, sometimes its only 10minutes and sometimes its 90 it just depends on the day

Hope you all have a great long weekend from the Canadian west coast yay school on Tuesday :)
  • tammyclinch
    Options
    the doc started me on gabapentin .. does anybody else take this? so far so good
  • sunshinedean
    Options

For me. As I started losing weight, exercise, and eatting better it helped some. Not going to lie didn't cure it but help some. Winter is coming in my area soon so we will see how that goes. He is hoping it wont be to bad.

Hope that helps. Since I don't know what the canadian food guide is can't really answer regarding that. Do you have a link for it?

Food is definitly a trigger for pain & fibro fog for me.......the cleaner I eat the better. I stay away from white flour, sugar, processed food.......it has helpped ALOT!!!
  • tammyclinch
    Options
    Hi i had surgery on dec 3 .. i am recovering very well but the weird thing is NO fibro systoms at all .. I am pray it will stay this way