Check Ins?

fajeeta
fajeeta Posts: 52 Member
Just thought I'd start a spot for checking in. How are everyone's miles coming?? Just walked a mile and swam for twenty minutes...I have no idea what kind of distance I covered. It was pretty slow (so not ready for the Olympics lol). I'll have to figure that one out. :D

So let's hear it...miles?

Replies

• mnbacon
    mnbacon Posts: 9
    Since August started, I've walked 10 miles. I'd like to do 2 a day but sometimes its more. Haven't done it today, so we'll see how far I get!! :)
  • DianeSwartzs
    DianeSwartzs Posts: 18 Member
    Hi everyone! I haven't been walking outside because it's way too hot for me!! I am using my eliptical and treadmill but I don't know how the eliptical translates into miles. Do you know?
    Thanks and have a good week!!!
  • MrsSnelly
    MrsSnelly Posts: 30 Member
    I made 10 miles the first week, with C25K walk/run intervals. I'm finally working up to the longer runs, so maybe we'll see my distance increase eventually - right now I average 3 miles a run, which is more than I thought I'd be able to do when I started 4 months ago!

For the elliptical trainer, I'm not entirely sure how to convert to miles; I know mine has a display for mph, so if yours has that you could average your speed and the time you exercised to give an approximate distance. It doesn't need to be exact, the whole goal is to encourage people to move more, at least a little every day.

This week I plan to run 9-10 miles again, starting today; problem is I'm heading for a couple night getaway with my husband on Thursday, so I need to check if the hotel has a fitness center where I can hop on a treadmill. Good luck everyone, keep up the good work!!
  • strish9999
    strish9999 Posts: 2 Member
    just did a 7 mile bike ride with my kids, this am . feeling great !!:smile:
    off to a good start for the week ahead :smile: