Summer is flying by.........

Options
AmiC0717
AmiC0717 Posts: 440 Member
I can't believe it's August already! Where did June and July go? For me they were spent learning to walk a mile without terrible back and knee pain, learning to ride an old Schwin bike just around the neighborhood and doing anything to get moving. I learned to keep going even when it hurt some, and go to bed hungry. I learned to drink 64 ounces of water each day and stay under 1400 calories. By last weekend I was not only riding 7 miles at a time with my hubby I even hit the local mountain bike trails and jumped a few small logs and roots. While I'm sad that I'm no longer working with a dietician weekly, I know that with the support from my family and friends and everyone on MFP I can do this. When I first saw this group I though 20lbs was maybe reachable but probably not. Now I know it is. I hope everyone is staying strong and focusing on whatever their goal is. If you need to readjust then readjust but don't give up. Just moving forward each day is a step in the right direction. Good luck to all of us! :smile:

Replies

• Sinisi2012
    Sinisi2012 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Yes the Summer will be over before we know it and our Labor Day challenge will be over as well. You sound like you are doing a great job, congrats to you for stepping up your game and increasing your workouts.
    I originally thought I could lost the 20lbs but I think I will be coming up a little short of that, not for lack of trying! I plan on kicking it up a notch in August and will get as close to the 20lbs as possible. either way I feel successful because I am losing and toning and getting healthier!