How long did it take to see results?

bethad5
bethad5 Posts: 176 Member
I'm hoping to start NROLFW on Monday. I'm a self-proclaimed cardio queen and have never seriously weight lifted before. I have about 9 pounds I'd like to lose, but I'm trying to 'trust the process' and cut out a majority of cardio for weight lifting, hoping that by doing so I'll look like I lost the weight even if I don't.

Two questions: 1) how long, once starting, did it take to see results? 2) how much weight did the scale say you gain?

Replies

• MinkyMoo13
    MinkyMoo13 Posts: 354 Member
    I'm starting tomorrow too!!
  • baxgilter
    baxgilter Posts: 246 Member
    Im about 2 months in the program and I saw significant changes in my arms within the first month, some change but not a ton in my abdomen, and I have yet to see the results in my legs but I am a soccer player so Im thinking I need to really step it up to see those changes. Also within the first month I dropped a pants size and gained three pounds. It definately works, so trust the process, make sure you follow the meal plan, none of the 1200 calorie nonsense that MFP spouts. Good luck and feel free to message me with questions, concerns, thoughts.

- JoAnna
  • woodsygirl
    woodsygirl Posts: 354 Member
    1) 2 or 3 months
    2) I wanted to lose those last 10 pounds, of course, I'm actually up 5 pds from when I started. My eating isn't perfect, and I do eat more (and still fight binge days) but it's not the program that I think that has me up, it's my own overeating problems.
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 557 Member
    I'm starting over on Monday. I got a month into the first stage and hurt my shoulder. It's still painful when I move it certain ways after 2 weeks of rest, but I'm going to start lighter and try to strengthen it up. I was loving lifting before my stupid shoulder decided to poop out and was definitely noticing changes all over my body.
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    I'm mid-way through Stage 1. I started NROLFW coming off a long period of doing a lot of running (I did a marathon in late June). I was ready for a break so I took the last 2 weeks completely off from running. I did do a few 15-20 minute sessions of HIIT after some of my NR workouts.

So far I'm up about 1lb on the scale. I'm not taking measurements until the end of Stage 1 but my clothes seem to fit the same. I think my stomach looks better (I've been watching my diet and trying to stick close to 40/30/30 macros....my carbs were closer to 50% when I was running a lot) and my arms are looking pretty decent, too.
  • RUNN3Rmom
    RUNN3Rmom Posts: 441
    I am almost done Stage 1 and I can see a difference in my shoulders and arms (or maybe because I am looking at them more I think there is a difference but I am not sure...). I do see a difference in the 3-4 inches under my breast. I can see the slimmed down top of an hour glass shape...but I still have this "buldge" on the side of my hips.

I do not use the food plan in the book but I don't over/under eat either.

edited: Oh, and my legs...I think I can see some difference but then again I am looking for changes now more so than what I was doing when I was running. So, I hope it is a change I am seeing :)