New to the group, just admitted to binges

Hey everyone. I'm so glad to see a community of people who understand and struggle this and don't just write it off as "laziness" or a simple "lack of self control." Thank you for existing. I've struggled with eating disorders and binge eating for most of my life - sneaking little debbies as a kid and eating more ice cream and pizza than I care to admit. I actually took a big step the other day and began a blog with a friend of mine. We just introduced ourselves in our bios, and that is the first time I've ever admitted (except to maybe 3 friends) that I struggle with binge eating - and I still had to do it under a pseudonym. The post is at http://thirtysix24thirtysix.wordpress.com/2012/08/03/elle/ if you want to check it out.

Even if not, I would love to friend you/be befriended by you to help overcome this, to support one another with this terrifying and shameful struggle. Thank you!

Replies

• eschorre
    eschorre Posts: 185 Member
    Welcome!!! I am pretty new here too but man this group is really helping me. I don't feel alone. :-)
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    It was amazing finding a whole group of people that knew exactly what I was going through. It's "shameful" to talk about because people usually assume you're deathly skinny when eating disorders are brought up. Good for you for talking about it. I think the only people that I've told are the people in this group. My fiance knows a little but I don't talk about how much of a problem it can be. Everyone here is very supportive and understanding. It really does help!