Challenge: Do Something Different

Options
libro55
libro55 Posts: 20 Member
It's been over 65 days that I've been logging my food and 8 weeks since I joined a fitness club. Both have been very beneficial but there are still areas I need to work on, like drinking more water (consistently!) and eating vegetables daily, not just once in a while. My weakness is Starbucks Frappuccinos - the ones in the bottle. I drink the light ones, but still. And on the days when I don't go to the gym? I'm pretty much a lazy butt. So for this month, starting today, I am challenging myself to:

1) Drink ONLY water, except for my 1/2 cup of skim milk with my cereal, until I have drank the contents of all of my 4 water bottles (9 cups total). Only then will I have my light frappuccino, in moderation of course.

2) Take at least a 30-minute walk each day that I don't go to the gym; and

3) Eat some vegetables! Every day. Fruits, too (but I already have that one down pat).

WANT TO JOIN ME in challenging yourself to do something different this month? Doesn't have to be three things. Just something different than you're currently doing (in addition to, not instead of!!!).

Then post it in your updates, or here. Let's encourage each other!

Replies

• joanneonline
    Options
    I am so with you and thank you for posing this challenge :)

So here's what I would like to accomplish. I'm ready to see what living in "maintenance" looks like. Even though I still have 16 lbs. to go, my body may very well decide to stop where I am. I want to build confidence in my ability to really "live this" at this stage. That said, here is what I'm challenging myself with:

1) Workout minimum 5 days a week - either the 20 or 30 minute routine based on my work schedule that day (cause that's just real life!)

2) Log - but only to monitor the bigger picture. I'm at a point where I need to find and establish balance. Meaning, I may eat more one day and need to eat less the next. The point is, I'm ready to discover what maintenance really looks like for me.

3) This may not sound like a health goal, but I want to set aside my time with God every day. Although I talk to Him constantly, I miss having coffee with my God. I miss that time and want to make it a priority :)

Thanks again for the challenge - I needed this! :)
  • libro55
    Options
    Joanne, I am sorry I did not see your response to the challenge until today. I thought no one was doing it. I mistakenly thought replies would appear in my feed. Now I know I need to check here daily.

Thank you for joining the challenge. Your goal to see what living in maintenance looks like is so thought-provoking. I haven't thought that far ahead, but now I'm thinking...what happens when we get there? I'm sure we can all learn from you, so please keep us informed on what works and what doesn't! (I think I would have to keep logging forever...it's so easy to think you're not eating much until you see it written down!

I will check back here daily. I re-read my challenge, and would have to say, I need to heed my own words a little better. I've already flagged a bit on my goals but they are still in mind and I will continue to work on them.
  • libro55
    Options
    OK, it's been one week since I posted my challenge. In re-reading mine, I have to say this about my own goals:

1) I am still not drinking even the minimum 8 glasses of water a day (and my fitness club wants me drinking twice that). On the other hand, I've been out of Starbucks Frappuccinos for days and am experimenting with making my own replacement. Maybe that habit will wind up being quit "cold turkey". I'm getting stingier with my sodium and sugar grams.

2) 30-minute walk on days I don't go to the gym - Man, am I bad. Haven't done that either. OK, why? It's too hot. It's raining. This is so typical of me, making excuses. There are very few "perfect" days when you make excuses. I just need to DO IT.

3) Vegetables! Aha! I think there will be an improvement seen on that front this month. Cleaned out the fridge, bought and chopped up a bunch of raw veggies. I think I will get a bag of raw spinach so I can start adding handfuls to my smoothies (wish kale came in smaller bags).

That's my update - how about you?