Booker-T

Options
Newf77
Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
I want to say thank you to the WWE for giving me my Friday nights back. I was not a fan of Booker-T as a wrestler, he was a pitiful excuse for a commentator and as Vince McMahon announced him as the new SmackDown General Manager my fingers did a new Friday night dance across the remote control. So many choices that they could have written into the stories and this is the direction they have chosen to take? I will periodically check on the show but this plot line I just cannot watch.

Replies

• thebrianmo
    thebrianmo Posts: 108
    Options
    I like it! Booker T was an amazing tag team wrestler in the old days with his brother Stevie Ray. He's a 5 time World Champion and has accomplished more than a lot of other African Americans in Wrestling. It's something different. I personally don't watch Smackdown unless it's live on a Tuesday night. There are a lot of other things to be doing on a Friday night than sitting at home watching wrestling when I read spoilers and know what happens.

Keep in mind that many of the WWE writers come from soap operas and have no real experience in wrestling/sports entertainment. Booker can work a mic and should be a better GM than commentator.
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Wow. I watch Raw and SmackDown. I watch NXT, but never get on the internet to watch Superstars unfortunately. I love that Booker T is the new GM. I'm really looking forward to seeing what he does this week. Booker T is great, and he makes me laugh. and if I'm doing something else on a Friday night, I set my DVR. But I love watching it when it airs, and I love following along on Twitter.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I stopped watching WWE all together a few months back, it just got too stupid! I still won't watch RAW as long as AJ is in charge, horrible idea :noway: I did start watching Smackdown again, I love Booker T as GM. He's doing great things already :flowerforyou: