Primal again Day 5

Options
Akimajuktuq
Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
Wow, I'm feeling awesome. I've felt like garbage for a few months (since I went back to eating stupid "food") and after just a few days I feel like superwoman. Oh, the energy! No cravings!

I love this site, especially the tracker! Happy to see that there are many like-minded people, though I might have to stick to just reading the paleo/primal group discussions. I don't take kindly to being told that i am following a dangerous "fad" when I'm eating much like my Inuit neighbours and I have years and years of knowledge under my belt. Of course even if I know better, it doesn't mean that I DO better. lol

Best wishes to everyone on their health journey!

Replies

• AMdreams7
    Options
    I'm on day 2 of the Paleo diet. I know I have to give it time, but WOW, I feel amazing so far!!!
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I'm sure the paleo way of eating will work great for you. Usually after the third day I start feeling really good, but some people take longer.

I don't follow any one diet to the letter. I make adjustments because some things don't make sense to me. For instance I have one Paleo book that discourages eating eggs and fat. Also, the book approves up to four ounces of spirits and I forget how much for wine. A little bit of wine, sure but I more than one drink of spirits throws me off. Also, I don't do well if I eat more than one fruit per day, unless it's berries. The low fat focus doesn't match what paleo people were eating imo and doesn't work for me. I actually go out of my way to eat healthy fatty meat and add coconut oil to my diet daily.

Best wishes. I think you will do well and I know you will feel great!
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Glad to have you!!