Any problems with back pain?

Options
mistybkarma
mistybkarma Posts: 30 Member
My boyfriend and I are on day 3 of the primal blueprint. For the past few hours, he has noticed an increase in lower back pain. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm becoming concerned, because it seems to be as bad as a kidney stone painwise.

Replies

• impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Primal eating shouldn't cause back pain in and of itself. If you suspect a kidney stone, he should probably get that checked out. Those can be quite painful. Severe pain should always be checked out by a physician, not trusted to strangers on the internet. I hope he feels better soon.
  • mistybkarma
    Options
    I'm not "trusting strangers on the internet", just wondering if anyone else experienced the same issues.
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I didn't mean to be snarky. My basic point is, even if having severe pain were a common thing with going primal or with any other life change, it's still not "normal," and it needs to be checked out if it persists. How is he feeling this morning?
  • mistybkarma
    Options
    I'm sorry, I am on day 4 and have quite an attitude. He is much better today, and has not had any pain today. But thanks
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I've had chronic lower back pain for years thanks to a car accident, and that pain has actually improved significantly. It's great he feels better, but he should still have it checked out because he'll definitely want to know if it's kidney stones
  • MrsAbles
    MrsAbles Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Misty, I remember having weird pain in my hips when I started going Primal. I even asked if anyone here experienced that (they hadn't). It went away after a week or so. I'm glad your bf is feeling better now.