New to Tops and MFP

Options
NikkiHann17
NikkiHann17 Posts: 126 Member
Hi I am new to both Tops and MFP. I started Tops on Thursday in hopes that this will be a program I can complete without to much trouble. My leader recommended that I try MFP to help me keep track of the calories and it really does help. However, I am a little lost when it comes to my exchanges. The book tells me one thing and the cards that came in the magazine tell me something else. Right now I am just lost but muddling through. :huh:

I am always open to new suggestions about the program from those already doing it. Thanks in advanced for all the help. :smile:

Replies

• Harlemite
    Harlemite Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new to both Tops and MFP. I started Tops on Thursday in hopes that this will be a program I can complete without to much trouble. My leader recommended that I try MFP to help me keep track of the calories and it really does help. However, I am a little lost when it comes to my exchanges. The book tells me one thing and the cards that came in the magazine tell me something else. Right now I am just lost but muddling through. :huh:

I am always open to new suggestions about the program from those already doing it. Thanks in advanced for all the help. :smile:

Hi Nikki and welcome to TOPS and MFP!

I'm pretty new at both of them myself. I started TOPS the end of May (2012) and heard about MFP from one of the members. Personally, I don't do the exchanges. I just keep track of my calorie intake, water intake, and exercise.

Elaine
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    The cards in the most recent magazine are different from the book they have been adjusted

Welcome to TOPS!
  • pennyarbonne
    Options
    Hi there - I am new to TOPS and MFP as well - I do not have any answers to your questions but would
    love to find some friends to help encourage !! I am in St Louis myself and I have a lot to loose but Iam
    sure glad I started and found TOPS and this website ! :smile:
  • Harlemite
    Harlemite Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi there - I am new to TOPS and MFP as well - I do not have any answers to your questions but would
    love to find some friends to help encourage !! I am in St Louis myself and I have a lot to loose but Iam
    sure glad I started and found TOPS and this website ! :smile:

Hi Penny and Welcome! You are more than welcome to add me on MFP. I do my daily check in with MFP but don't always check the TOPS group as it doesn't appear to be very active. Hopefully that will change.

Elaine aka Harlemite
  • susan9
    susan9 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My TOPS group is great. Everyone supports and educates each other. We all have our turn presenting new information and topics related to nutrition, motivation, exercise etc. .

Keeing track of what you eat is SO important for me. If I don,t plan meals and snacks every morning, I lose my focus and eat whatever. That 's why I am using MFP. It's more fun than pen and paper, and easier than looking up food in a calorie book.
  • NikkiHann17
    NikkiHann17 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    My TOPS group is great. Everyone supports and educates each other. We all have our turn presenting new information and topics related to nutrition, motivation, exercise etc. .

Keeing track of what you eat is SO important for me. If I don,t plan meals and snacks every morning, I lose my focus and eat whatever. That 's why I am using MFP. It's more fun than pen and paper, and easier than looking up food in a calorie book.

My group is great to. I have made one special friend there that has taken me under her wing and calls during the week and is a big support. We are doing a 12 week inspirational devotion about healthy holidays right now and its really good. Before that we were working on the exchange system. Lots of things planned.

Keeping track and planning is really important for me to. I love MFP it really helps me keep my calorie log, now if it would just do the exchanges...lol. Seriously though I plan my meals for a week, except lunch that I plan daily and I find I'm staying on track better. Also my family is doing better too.

Good Luck and Keep up the hard work.