Real life confirmation of EM2WL

Options
Glitter969
Glitter969 Posts: 77 Member
Sometimes I read about people who speak to doctors who put them on VLCD's and then end up confused about what they should be doing.

Well this weekend I was at a social event and ended up talking to a lady who is a pharmacist and nutritionist (among other things, she really knows her stuff) and regularly does wellness speaking events. Even though it was a social thing I couldn't help sneaking in a nutrition question and asked her what type of cut she would recommend referring to myself (i.e. "normal person", not super athlete or anything like that). Her reply: 15%, and definitely no more than 20% :smile:

It is great hearing those words in a real life conversation, confirming everything I have learnt here!

Replies

• rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    And it's nice of you to pass it along to us!:drinker:

Thanks, sweetie!:heart:
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    So did she ever hear of a reset? Seems like everyone I tell that to- look at me sideways. Like-really ? 2000 cals a day?
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    So did she ever hear of a reset? Seems like everyone I tell that to- look at me sideways. Like-really ? 2000 cals a day? Thanks for sharing this. Gives me some hope.
  • juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing!! :drinker:
  • Glitter969
    Glitter969 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    So did she ever hear of a reset? Seems like everyone I tell that to- look at me sideways. Like-really ? 2000 cals a day? Thanks for sharing this. Gives me some hope.

Sorry, no. We did not discuss the reset. (I did not want to talk her ear off about her work at a social gathering :smile: )

But if you extend the idea that a 15% cut is used for weight loss, then eating at TDEE cannot be a bad thing for anyone, I think? It is just a matter of giving yourself enough time to find your TDEE. (my completely unqualified, unscientific opinion :wink: )

PS - my cut is around 2000 cals. Some weeks I lose nothing, last week I dropped a bit more than a pound.
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    It is just a matter of giving yourself enough time to find your TDEE. (my completely unqualified, unscientific opinion :wink: )

That is absolutely right!
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Wow, I had a similar exoerience this weekend:

I was explaining what I was doing to a LOOOONG TIME dieter and she just stood there with her mouth open in shock~first words out of her mouth: "You gained weight on purpose?":noway:

I thought it was amazing that that was what she focussed on rather than ANYthing else I said.:huh:

To me, her response was what she and many others have been programmed to think. Look at all of us and our distress over gaining in the Reset, etc.~ it's been drilled into us that the SCALE is the divine and final judgement.:angry:

I, for one, am happy to be part of changing the world, ONE BITE AT A TIME!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: