Recipes!

Options
Going shopping for healthy food can be expensive so im always looking for inexpensive healthy food i can buy and make and no go over my budget!heres one of them,let me know what you think and share some of your own fav!

Turkey Wrap

3-4 1-oz. turkey breast slices
1 Flour tortilla
2 Tbsp. Fat-free or low-fat cream cheese
1 Tomato slice
Lettuce
Put sliced turkey breast onto flour tortilla, add cream cheese, tomatoes, and lettuce. Fold and roll tortilla to make wrap. Serve with a side of fresh fruit. Makes 1 serving.

Nutritional Information: (per serving)

Calories: 270Protein: n/aFiber: n/aCarbs: n/aFat Total: n/aSaturated Fat: n/a

Replies

• bekah1301
    bekah1301 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    One of my favourite quick meals is courgette pasta:

- Grate courgettes, we usually do about 1 medium one per person
    - Fry the courgettes - we have a wonderful non-stick pan and don't use any oil/butter to fry. If you don't, just use a little bit of cooking spray OR add a bit of boiled water from the kettle just to stop it sticking. The courgettes have a lot of water in them so if you do use any spray/oil you really don't need much at all
    - Add some mixed herbs, pinch of salt and pepper, lemon juice and some chilli flakes if you like a slightly spicier taste. I also like adding prawns but the dish is still yummy without. Or you could add a few pancetta cubes.
    - Stir and keep frying until the courgette is soft and looks a bit mushy!
    - Meanwhile cook pasta as normal (brown is healthier!), then just stir in the courgette mix!

Very quick, very easy, very cheap, very yummy!