Welcome

Options
Ladysummers
Ladysummers Posts: 140 Member
HI everyone welcome to Team Wales,
My name is Kim I live in a small remote village in West Wales with my young daughter.
After a very prolonged illness my weight crept up and I found myself 5 stone overweight,this had an adverse affect on my health and self esteem,my clothes no longer fitted and I was in constant pain day and night.
In the end I would not go out in fact I was just a shadow of my former self,scared and unhappy about what the future ahead would have in store for me if I continued putting on weight.
not having no family or friends nearby to support me and because I could not join a gym or club due to the distance of the nearest one and the cost,I decided to look on the net.
My aim was to look for a group of like minded people for friendship and support,who had the same goal in life and that was to lose weight.
I was on the verge of giving up when by chance I came across MFP and joined,wow I am so glad I did it has changed my life.
When I joined here 65 days ago I weighed 15st 7lbs and was so unfit I could not even manage to walk up the stairs without being out of breath.
all that has changed thanks to some of the most amazing people I met on hear who by there kind messages and comments daily has got me this far.
To date I have lost 31lbs,eat healthier am fitter and have gone down two dress sizes,all thanks to friends who helped me on here.
It is because of the kindness and help given to me that I want to do the same for others.
I hope you will all enjoy being a member of this group and make new friends,remember you are not alone,please feel free to add me as a friend if you wish.
Good luck on your journey,Kim:)x