Need advice please

mphlab
mphlab Posts: 187 Member
Hi Fellow EM2WL folks, a question for you. I had over 80 pounds to lose and have lost 34, part on 3 months of 1400, the other 4 months on EM2WL. I was losing about a pound a week and I could live with that but a pound a month- that will take forever- I dobn't know if I have that much patience!
I did EM2WL for 12 weeks at 15% cut, took an 8 day diet break and have been eating at cut again for about 2 weeks. The scooby site gives me 1664 at 15% cut. bmr is 1631

I am 44, F
5"5"
CW 203.

I am handicapped so I chose sedentary on scooby. I walk to and from the car, on restroom breaks and usually half-block to a block at one time. I have hemiparisis (one side paralysis from a stroke) so I cannot even walk for a few blocks. I was in a wheelchair 2 years ago so I am glad to be able to do what I do. I could be better on my protein- I know this. Because of my disability I have not done a VLCD for the last 3-4 years.

There is a calculator on fitness frog that allows one to put in how much activity they do. If I put 8 hours sleeping and the rest at very light, I get a cut number of 1760.

I have been told that "sedentary" is really sedentary and I might want to shoot for an average of sedentary and light exercise (1785). The Question: Should I 1) stay at the sedentary scooby number (I finally went down a pound this week - my first loss below lowest weight since July 8th.) , 2)the average or 3) go with the fitness frog number? It is only a difference of 106- 121 calories but I want to do this right. I was thinking of getting a fitbit to see what my TDEE really is but can't afford one right now. Thanks!

Replies

• autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,374 Member
    You already know my advice...lol I am just on here to see what responses you get so that I can learn as well!! :happy:
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,374 Member
    Nothing yet....Bumping to bring it to the front of the line...lol
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    I have been told that if you are not laying in bed all day doing nothing, then you shouldn't set your self for the sedentary level. Even with your disablilty I am sure you are doing things that would be considered activity that people without disabilites can do with little to no effort. I had a family member that was in a similar situation to yours, but in her case she couldn't walk at all due to her weight. She had to work hard for things I took for granted. I would say to start off with lightly active for 4-6 weeks and see what happens. If you don't lose anything then call it a "diet break" and cut a few hundred off the lightly active number. With a unique situation like yours you may need to play with your numbers to find your sweet spot.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    I would go with the light cut number for a solid 8 wks and see how you trend. The other number is too close to your BMR.