Ghee

Options
mantisladyx
mantisladyx Posts: 135 Member
Hello everyone.....I have to bug your guys again. So I have purchased my first Baba desi Butter Ghee, had a hard time finding that one in the grocery store, and made my bullet proof coffee with it for the first time today. I goggled to find out weather or not it should go in the fridge or keep it on the counter after it's opened, what do you guys do?

Replies

• MikeFlyMike
    MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    fridge. I keep coconut in the pantry, but butter like items I keep cool.
  • skwidlund
    skwidlund Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Same here, though I do tend to leave clarified butter and ghee out in the winter.
  • jukemaster
    jukemaster Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You can actually store ghee at room temperature for about 6 months provided it's stored in an airtight container. Although, this might not be the case if you don't have AC running during the hot months. I play by this rule: if the house is cool enough to keep coconut oil somewhat solid, the ghee is safe out of the fridge. If the coconut oil is liquid, the ghee goes in the fridge.
  • dyannajoy
    dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Just found this on wikipedia.

"Ghee has a long shelf-life and needs no refrigeration if kept in an airtight container to prevent oxidation. The texture, color and taste of ghee depends on the source of the milk obtained and the duration of boiling"