Protein Powder

Options
i've been using many different brands over the years. i've recently been using cheaper brands but noticed the "propietary blends" include some ingredients that i'd rather not be taking.

any suggestions on good whey protein i can buy? i prefer pure ingredients . is buying bulk better? any other sources besides whey of better value?? thanks

any tips would be appreciated

Replies

• KikiD22
    KikiD22 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm partial to Pride Nutrition's Respect and Iso-Respect whey protein. All natural, one of the only whey protein powders that doesn't upset my stomach. I'll add the disclaimer that they are a sponsor of my competition team, but I honestly do believe in their protein powders. The best I've personally used.

Edited to add website: www.pridenutrition.com
  • whiskeycharged
    whiskeycharged Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    The current whey protein I'm using may just be my favorite.

Dymatize ISO-100

Calories 106
    Total Fat 0g
    Cholesterol 0mg
    Total Carbohydrate 1g
    Sugars 0g
    Protein 25g

.. Good luck finding better macros than that. Buying a larger quantity is cheaper but lately I've been buying the smaller bottles and re-copping with a different flavor. I like to switch it up.

dpsnutrition.com or bodybuidling.com has good prices

dwight_yes.gif
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    I like Optimum Nutrition stuff.
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely on the Optimum Nutrition bandwagon. I have yet to find a better tasting, better mixing and smoother whey protein on the market. I've tried a bunch, either they don't mix well, they taste like garbage or they're gritty. The ON stuff has a great calories to protein ratio (something I'm always watching).
  • conkle23
    conkle23 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Pro Complete V Core is my favorite by far from all the ones I have tried. And it has an amazing taste especially for a post drink.
  • Arleigh7
    Arleigh7 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Checkout Metagenics Bio Pure. They have it on Amazon. It's based on organic milk and is not processed with any chemicals, acids or heat so they claim the protein is still bioactive and can help improve your immune system. I don't kno about that but I do know that most protein powders give me gas or give me a stomach ache or at times both. This one doesn't and is easy to mix. Doesn't taste like anything as there is no added sugar or flavors but it mixes well.

Good luck!
  • bigd65
    bigd65 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    The current whey protein I'm using may just be my favorite.

Dymatize ISO-100

Calories 106
    Total Fat 0g
    Cholesterol 0mg
    Total Carbohydrate 1g
    Sugars 0g
    Protein 25g

.. Good luck finding better macros than that. Buying a larger quantity is cheaper but lately I've been buying the smaller bottles and re-copping with a different flavor. I like to switch it up.

dpsnutrition.com or bodybuidling.com has good prices

dwight_yes.gif
    I use the same and it is really good, and the macros are outstanding. Doesn't have all the crappy fillers or blends in it