Diabetes Miracle Diet by Diane Kress

Options
pennell12
pennell12 Posts: 190 Member
Hi all,

I am TT Diabetic and just got this book and am wondering if anyone here is following this program. Would:wink: d love to hear about your experience with it, both pro and con!

Thanks!

mdp

Replies

• Clownfish423
    Clownfish423 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm getting ready to read it - just downloaded it on my Kindle! I'll let you know what I think.
  • pennell12
    Options
    It looks good. Read a lot of it so far. PLs. Let me know your take on it! Thanks!
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    I was on it a few years back It did not help me. I am on the insulin resistance Diet now and it is amasing. everybody need to give it a try. for 2 weeks you will fine a big difference in your blood sugar and weight. If you follow the program right.
    Caliecat
  • pennell12
    Options
    Hi Callie,

What do you think are the main differences between the two diets? I have both books and not sure which way to go!

Thanks!

Mari D.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Hi Callie,

What do you think are the main differences between the two diets? I have both books and not sure which way to go!

Thanks!

Mari D.

I really don't remember too much about it. except on this insulin resistance she tell you how many carbs to eat and how much protein, at each meal.I get 30 grams of carbs for each meaal and 15 grams of protein and beans count as a protein along with low fat milk. cottage cheese yogurt its all about timeing of what you eat and when. It is workin out great for me.. I am 81 years old and have bought ever diet book I could . I think this one is you eat a little protein with ever meal.and you can have 30 starchy food at every meal Even donuts if the carbs are But I would not go with that. i will keep it to whole grain bread and potatoes and corn. or brown rice. i don't know if this diabectic diet book of hers is the same one I was on . I was on the first book she wrote. But for some reason the food wasn't my style. its all about carbs.
    If I was you since you have the books try each one for about 2 weeks and see if you are happy with it. You got to be satify with your food before you can stick with it.

I had blood work done this past monday.amd will see the doctor this next monday, But i have only been on this for 15 days when they drew blood.

Let me know If I can help you.n I am taking 3 units before each meal of the fast acting on and 18 units of Lntus Where before I was taking of10 to 15 units of fast acting insulin and 30 units of lantus at bedtime. So that is a big drop.My average all day today was 109. And my lows has stopped too. And i am sleeping all night most nights. So yes i am happy with it. I still have a lot to learn about it.

Keep in touch.
    Callie oh by the way my name is Marie
  • cathy4928
    Options
    hi i got her book 2 years ago. still cant stay on this too hard to do dont think this is the true solution to diabeties controll weight loss. probably may work but just tooo difficult to remember the carb dams in the book. i read over it several times. im trying dr hymans book now for dibetics diet to get off of the metformin. cathy newbie today
  • pennell12
    Options
    Yes, it is a little difficult to stay on it since it is so exact!
  • deeschange
    deeschange Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed two weeks ago. I went to the library and got the Dr. Hymans blood sugar solution to ready.

I would really be interested to know how many people are attempting to or going to follow this plan.

I'd like to friend or email them to assess progress if anyone is interested.

I tried to discuss it with my doc....HUH.......

I'm looking for a new doc who will invest time with me to help me and who believes that it is possible to reverse this.
  • Bevkus
    Bevkus Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I love to read stuff about our disease..knowledge is power! All books may offer some insight to what is happening within our bodies. Most books also offer some new stratigies and keep us motivated to do the best we can.

As for a specific diet though, I am not sure you need a book. It comes down to experimenting with carbs, seeing how much you can tolerate per meal, and what foods spike your BG. Start out with 45g carbs per meal and go down from there.

As your insulin reistance improves you will see your tolerance for certain carbs improves as well...but be careful of adding too many carbs back in your diet ir you will quckly be back where you started!

Good luck!
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I agree with Bevkus. It is all an experiment. The specific diets probably can help you set guidelines for what you eat but anything that is exact and difficult is not sustainable. I don't have time to be super precise about everything all the time. So I eat a large amount of veggies, a good amount of protein, some fruit, a little whole grains, and try to keep the junk down. I do record my food right now since I'm trying to lose about 5 more pounds. Once it is lost I will eventually quit recording food and just continue with watching my carbs. I test regularly and am always learning what work and what doesn't for me.
  • amagus
    amagus Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I've done books, although not this one; I have done diets plans, I have done exercise routines, but nothing worked until MFP. Without spreading the food, I would still be in range of what I should eat for the day, and still have spikes and drops.

Now I use the goals to count carbs, fats, protein and sodium and set the calories and %s as recommended by my doctor. I added meals throughout the day so I no longer eat breakfast, lunch and dinner, but record what I eat 3AM-9AM, 9AM-12PM, 12PM-3PM, 3PM-6PM, 6PM-9PM and 9PM-3AM. I divide my carbs equally among those times. I normally exercise after dinner, so I eat more protein 6PM-9PM and it seems to keep me full through working out.

That being said, all those books and attempts were worth it, because I understand the theory about control now. MFP has just made it easy to track to keep myself on task.

So my advise to you is keep reading and keep trying and the plan that works for you will be discovered. The key is to find something that you understand how it works and tht you can actually follow.