Help! Already at a plateau?

Options
I haven't lost any weight since my last weigh in a week ago. Ok so just over a week ago I upped my strength training to higher weights/fewer reps. I'm at 152lbs trying to shed fat/tone up so I do plenty of cardio everyday and most strength every other day. My final goal is to get to 125-130lbs and get ripped, not to compete but for myself.

Anyway, I'm on a clean eating diet and try to make myself have small portions about every 3hrs. I probably get fewer complex carbs than MFP wants me to because i rarely eat bread products. I've been on this diet for about 1.5months now.

Is my problem that I haven't given it enough time?
Do I need to shock my system with a diet change? Like a fasting method for a day or a cal intake change?
Any other suggestions?

Oh, I almost never meet my cal intake MFP requires of me. The reason being that I eat til I'm full already since i have frequent small meals and drink 4liters of water a day, I feel fine and not undernourished. Thanks for your time :)

Replies

• bombedpop
    bombedpop Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    You are probably not eating enough. I know that is the go-to response around here. BUT - you aren`t even eating 1000 cal a day. You have to up your cal to gain muscle mass - I have had to up mine to see any results on muscle mass, and I`m not looking to lose weight, but I dropped 7 once I upped my cal from 1300-ish a day (I work out 6 days/week all combo strength + cardio days) and that was over a 2-3 week period. Try upping, or taking a break from logging/counting and you may hit a break.

You are pretty close to fasting on 800 gross cal + exercise on top. I don`t think a full fast is going to help you. Try swapping the Kind bars and meal replacement shakes for meals so you can eat more cal.

Also, a week with no loss not that long - YMMV.
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    It is completely normal to stop losing weight when upping the intensity of weight training. Your muscles are getting a beating and are repairing themselves with water/glycogen which also results in muscle growth and water weight gain. I would not weigh myself at all for a while if I was you.....my weight loss has slowed down considerably since starting my heavy lifting program...I am smaller though and that's all that matters to me.
  • MurphysLawTD
    MurphysLawTD Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem - lost 16lbs in about 8 weeks and now nothing for the past 3. If anything I've gained 2 or 3. However, I've been doing a lot more strength training, so the "gain" could be more water and blood in my muscles. All I know is my clothes are still too big, and that's my biggest gauge. I feel leaner and tighter, even if the numbers don't reflect a change.
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I'm at 152lbs trying to shed fat/tone up so I do plenty of cardio everyday and most strength every other day. My final goal is to get to 125-130lbs and get ripped, not to compete but for myself.

Have an honest look at your workload, there is really no need to do cardio every day.

How are you arranging your workouts, if you are training every other day are you leaving sufficient time for recovery?
    Do I need to shock my system with a diet change? Like a fasting method for a day or a cal intake change?
    Any other suggestions?

definitely not, people over reacting to not losing over a week or gaining 1lb over the weekend is one of the most common mistakes I see on here.
    I've been on this diet for about 1.5months now.

That's not really that long, the type of leanness you are talking about will take some time to reach.
    Also, a week with no loss not that long - YMMV.

this - just relax and keep going.