Clean Eating on MFP

Options
Hi Everyone!

I'm new to clean eating and wondering the best way to use MFP's structure within Tosca Reno's philosophies. How have you set up your macronutrient percentages and how much do you focus on reaching those goals? I've read that clean eating is less about counting calories and more about making whole and balanced meal choices, with general nutrition guidelines.

I'd rather not depend too much on MFP so that eventually I can make good decisions without it.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Replies

• NanzyBoek
    NanzyBoek Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I just use her princibles with the calorie counter on here. I dont bother with the micro's. I figure the calorie counter will help me with portion size and learning some of the better options. Like who would have thought that 2 slices of watermelon are 176 calories!!
  • runnerbythesea
    Options
    Awesome thanks!
  • deebelky
    deebelky Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    i lost most of my weight just eating clean, but when i got down to about ten pounds from my goal weight, i had to start counting calories to drop more weight. it is obviously much easier to limit calories when you follow the eat clean rules! i think once you are at that goal weight, you will have trained yourself well on portion sizes and can probably stop the calorie counting and maintain just by eating clean.