As summer ends...

Options
I officially go back to school on August 23rd. Of course, I will be preparing during these last two weeks. I've already written my welcome letter & had it translated into Spanish. I probably won't be able to get into my classroom until one week before or less because the custodians seem to save stripping and waxing the floors until the last possible minute. This year I am cheating and will be putting up a pre-made bulletin board. I've always made my own, but I don't feel like it.

I hate the fall. Don't get me wrong. It is beautiful in New England in the fall. But, like so many kids on the night before school begins, I get a tummy ache just thinking about it. I really enjoy my freedom in the summer. I hate putting on underwear and shoes and reporting to work. I hate the cold weather days that begin in October and don't seem to end until April. I get depressed seeing the bare leafless trees and the absence of my gorgeous gardens. Yes, in May, I become hopeful again, but it takes a long time to get back there to my beautiful sunny summer days.

However, for the sake of my health, the structure of school days is better for my dieting. I tend to lose weight more easily. I'm like a little kid who needs a schedule in order to behave better.

In the meantime, I am co-hosting a pool party this week, attending a rehearsal dinner/wedding/brunch, and squeezing the most I can out of the last days of my favorite season, SUMMER.

Replies

• katmix
    katmix Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm "officially" on the clock this Wednesday... Where did summer go? I'm a spring person - so I understand the need for sun and warmer (but I don't want hot) days.

On a more serious note - have you considered a sunnier climate? Not always practical, but seriously, my dentist moved his family to Salt Lake (for his wife's health) and commutes to Portland, OR every week (comes in early Monday and leaves early Thursday)...