REPOST ABOUT DVDS

Options
stfriend
stfriend Posts: 256 Member
I posted this in the fitness section but I thought I'd post it here to.

Hello. A little background. I'm currently doing NROLW with minimal cardio. Most of my cardio is on the trails walking with a little jogging. I'd like to do more jogging eventually but you know how it goes. In the fall/winter, though, I have less access to the trails because of transportation, work schedules, and available daylight so I do DVDs. I know its a little early but I like to research and plan. I have a healthy collection but am looking for something different. I currently have a couple basic aerobics and one with a little kickboxing by Gilad, Walk Away the lbs by Leslie Sansone, one Bollywood dance, and one Latin dance. Please note: I DO NOT like Jillian Michaels AT ALL. No offense to those who do, I can see that many folks get results but her personality rubs me the wrong way. So, other than JM, suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

Replies

• TikiTanya
    TikiTanya Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Look up Chris Freytag 10 lb Slmidown Extreme series, more cardio based programs with upper body , lower body, ab, kickboxing and one yoga disc.. Also I like Jackie Warner quite a bit. Her style is great, more strength based cardio workouts. Otherwise I have all the Jillian's and Bob's and Chalean Extreme and TurboJam
  • stfriend
    Options
    I've heard of Jackie Warner and will have to look into her some more. I've also been considerign the Chalean but I wasn't sure about it on top of NR. I'm thinking it will be really good when I finish and am ready for something new. I've also looked into that Cathe person Kiki talks about. Thanks for the suggestions! I really appreciate it.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    some of the Cathe segments are on utube, here's one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfXVoZvJwrA

it should have links to others!
  • stfriend
    Options
    Thanks, I'll definitely watch that video! I like to preview before I buy so thats great!
  • Sid422
    Sid422 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    There is also quite a variety on Netflix, which is free if you already have a membership. :smile:
  • MonicaT1972
    Options
    I personally love all of Bob Harper's dvd's. I too find JM rubs me the wrong way! LOL For me Bob's dvd's push me without me even realizing it till I feel it the next day!

I love Insanity for some serious cardio. If you don't want to spend the huge $ you can find it used for reasonable.
  • stfriend
    Options
    I've not seen much about Bob Harper, I'll have to look into him.
  • nannabannana
    Options
    bump tks for posting:)
  • rherington
    rherington Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Tap Out XT. MMA style cardio/strength training. Rally enjoy it. Skip the yoga workout unless you really like the dogs!
  • ssp1977
    ssp1977 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I did an 8 week workout a while ago called Kettlebody by Brook. It's a 3 DVD set and includes cardio, sculpt and yoga. I did drop some pounds but the inches lost were more significant. I did get a little bored by the end but I think that's because I have a short attention span! Thanks for the post. I am always looking for new DVD workouts.

I like Jackie Warner's Xtreme timesaver workout too. And select P90X workouts.
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    I have Jackie Warner's Xtreme Timesaver, 30 Day Fast Start and Crunch Free Ab DVDs. I like them all quite well!
  • ladyace2078
    ladyace2078 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I liked Butt Bible. Free on youtube or you can buy the DVD.
  • nikkijoshua
    nikkijoshua Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Cathe Friedrich has some of the best workout DVDs on the market. You can find them at www.cathe.com. I also really like Jeanette Jenkins and Turbofire. www.collagevideo.com is another good site to check out.
  • Miche37
    Miche37 Posts: 19
    Options
    Cathe Friedrich!
  • stfriend
    Options
    Some great ideas, thanks so much. :flowerforyou:
  • Cclancaster
    Options
    Turbo Fire and Turbo Jam are very enjoyable kickboxing dvd's with great music. Chalene Johnson I very motivating and fun.