Breaks In Between Stages

Options
Looking through my training logs, I am excited to say that I finish up with Stage 1 on the 19th (that's including both special workouts). How much rest do y'all usually take between stages? I was thinking of 2 weeks and also do my EM2WL cut then too. I can go back to focusing solely on running for a little bit. Does that, however, seem too long of a break or too short? Just would like some advice thanks! (:

Replies

• MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I think taking a 2 week break and focusing on running would be fine. Sounds like a good plan to me.
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    It's really personal preference. The author states that he doesn't take scheduled breaks because life happens and there are weeks that you are pretty much forced to take a break. You have to follow your own plan, so if that's what you want to do, then go for it. Stage 2 will be there when your ready for it.
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I like to take a 1-week break between stages, but I took a 2-week vacation (with LOTS of walking) bet. stages 2 & 3, and that was fine too. I LOVE that the author acknowledged that life doesn't fit perfectly into a predictable, rigid schedule. :)
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I like to do 1 week. Two weeks is where I start perceiving strength losses, but 1 week off of lifting will have me feeling like a champion when I return. :)
  • RunEloiseRun
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions ladies.
    I'll take 1 week off and see how it goes.
    (: