Android App to help me keep pace?

Options
cobracars
cobracars Posts: 949 Member
I'm in Week 5 and I'm starting to think about the pace of my run.

Is there an Android app that will give me an audible cue for what pace I'm running?
Nothing fancy, I don't need to track the progress of the Olympic track team
My C25K app shows me what pace I did after my run, but that doesn't help me much WHILE I am running.

Thanks

Replies

• paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper or map my run should work for you . I use run keeper
    On my iPhone and set it for 1 min updates for distance, av pace and current pace
    I'm sure there's an android version

Happy running
  • yallcallmedeb
    Options
    I use RunDouble for android. It tells you current pace, current distance, total distance, etc. You can set it to tell you this data at several (dozenish) different intervals. It also tells you when to walk and when to run during C25K. I couldn't get a GPS lock the other day and I was just lost without my RunDouble!
  • sarahjenkins77
    sarahjenkins77 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I was using map my run which tells you every mile what your pace is, BUT i have since realised it was inaccurate in calculating distance - must lose gps signal. Now i work out my route on the computer and time myself using my watch.
  • notyouraveragetalia
    notyouraveragetalia Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I was using map my run which tells you every mile what your pace is, BUT i have since realised it was inaccurate in calculating distance - must lose gps signal. Now i work out my route on the computer and time myself using my watch.

How did you know it was innacurate? I use MMR and am now in a panic! I'm on week 5 and it's all I've used to track distance and MPH.
  • sarahjenkins77
    sarahjenkins77 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I went on a run with a friend, we did her usual 5k route and ibstruggled, it took longer than the 5k mapmyrun told me when i run at home with my phone tracking it. I went onto my computer and calculated my normal route and it was about 0.5k short of what my phone said i was doing. Days before my first 5k race as well :-(. I just presume i lose signal somewhere, by all means use it but i would recommend double checking your route online as well as a precaution.

When i Googled this it seems others had experienced similar problems.

Happy running
  • Stacylynn327
    Stacylynn327 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I use cardio tracker for android to track my exercise. It is free! It shows your speed or pace (you can choose which you want) in current, min, max, and average, and well as a bunch of other stuff.
  • Stacylynn327
    Stacylynn327 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    *Correction* That should be Cardio Trainer, not tracker. Sorry!
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I graduated c25k recently and that's what I was looking for. So far, I've been most impressed with Nike+. It tells you every mile your pace for that mile, your overall pace and your time.