live in missouri
divorced
sharing my life also with great partner Chris
and my grand dog Bruno

Replies

• Live4More
    Live4More Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm Sherry and I live in sunny Florida (although it's not so sunny today). A bit about me... I'm 54 and have been happily married to my high school sweetheart for 36 years. We have 2 children, ages 34 and 27, and 5 grandchildren whom I just adore!

This weight loss journey has been a long battle for me... one I plan on winning this time!! Hopefully by supporting each other we will all make the finish line!
  • poodlelaise
    poodlelaise Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm Barb. I'm 51. I am married, and have two daughters, 19 and 22. They have both been home with me for the summer, but are heading back to college in a week. I also have a toy poodle, hence the name.

I am diabetic, and on insulin along with many other meds. I already feel much better due to the weight I've lost through mfp. I intend to stay on here forever, even once I reach my goal. It just makes sense to me to track what I am doing and hold myself accountable.
  • mluanne33
    mluanne33 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hello
    I'm Luanne. I'm 57 going on 58 in a couple of weeks. I live in Southern Maine 6 miles from the ocean. It is beautiful in Maine. I've been married for 37 years and we have 1 daughter and a 10 year old grandson. She lives about 1/2 hour away so we see them often. At home is just me and my husband and our cat Chloe. I also have diabetes as well as high blood pressure and high cholesterol. I need to lose the extra weight , but it is a very hard battle. I hope this group will incourage all who join to stay positive and take one day at a time :)
  • pjmcinnis
    pjmcinnis Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hello

I am Pamela and am 52 yr/old. I live in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. I am separated (coming up on 10 years), and have 3 children: 2 daughters 23 and 20, and a son 13.

I have had gastric bypass surgery (January 5/12), however it is still a struggle to eat the right foods. I truly believe that women in menopause, (or coming into menopause), have more challenges than we might have had at 40, and have our own set of conditions that make this journey more challenging.

I hope to have friends to comisserate with as I struggle with my journey!
  • blrblr
    blrblr Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am 55 married with a daughter who is 32 married with 3 children, and a son who is 31 and single. I love to watch the little ones...there ages are the 1st born is 10, then 2yrs old and the baby will be 1 in October...My husband likes to take them on day trips...My journey is to lose weight to keep up with all of them.....I am new to posting.....
  • pamscountrybumpkin
    Options
    Hello all you gorgeous 50 something ladies! My name is Pam and I live in Santa Clarita California. I turn 54 next week and I have had this weight struggle since I had my 2 beautiful children now 30 and 28. I have 5 grandchildren that are huge in my life and the best husband in the world for 33 years and he is thin and always has been.

That means I have been fighting this problem for 30 years. I have been on every program in the world including multiple times on Weight Watchers, etc. I am now on Nutrisystems (temporary) because I was watching Oprah one day and I had a major AH HA moment. Every quote "DIET" I had been on made me actually be obsessed with my food. Weighing, measuring, counting calories, fiber and fat. Writing it all down. Planning my meals, cooking the meals and all the rest made me have to think about food 24 seven and I was sick to death of it all. I am just starting week five and am down after 4 weeks 24 pounds.

For the first time it is really working for me. Now I realize I will have to incorporate REAL food back into my life but by then my stomach is shrunk my brain is re-trained and I am feeling amazing. I am exercising and living. I know due to my age that this is it.. I was considering by-pass surgery when I got this AH HA moment and I am so glad I decided to do it on my own. It can be done and with all of us supporting each other I know I will succeed. I do know that it's not as easy as it was 20 years ago or even 10 due to my age but slowly but surely. I am just tired of saying, "Just think if I would have stayed on that diet a year ago I could be all the way down by now". I AM going to do it this year. Thanks for listening and hope we talk soon.

xoxoxoxoxoPam :happy:
  • michelleparas
    Options
    Hi! I'm Michelle, 53 years old and living with a partner and our 13 year old daughter. I think being an older first time mom keeps me going but it has certainly hit the skids now that my daughter is really going hormonal and I'm in perimenopause. Guess I didn't think that part through when I got pregnant at 39!
    I've struggled with weight all my life and have dreaded becoming like the rest of my family who were all over 300 pounds..and we're all short! I've managed to float back and forth between 130 and 160..last 10 years I was stuck at 158-163..and I'm only 5 feet tall. I walk and try to eat right and have lost about 13 pounds in the last 15 months..slow and steady wins the race!