my personal take on the liar (aka the scale)

Just thought I'd share a little personal opinion which makes me smile every now and again...

If the scale isn't going down, but the inches are moving, consider this a GREAT thing! Why? Because if the scale goes down, you then need to adjust your calories accordingly in the same direction... and didn't we all come here to eat more?!

As long as I keep changing in composition and size, I'd be happy if the scale just kept going up, up, up!

I can't remember a previous time in my life where I wasn't devastated if the number on the scale went up... my how things can change :)

Just something to think about next time you hop on...

Replies

• Great post :)
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    So true!!!
  • angelina2585
    angelina2585 Posts: 273 Member
    Hmmm. Never thought of it that way but you're right. It's the only way of keeping those calorie numbers higher. Well either that or turn back the clock and get younger. If only I could punch a lower age into the calcs :)
  • geordiegirl27
    geordiegirl27 Posts: 307 Member
    bloody fantastic thanks for sharing this little jewel.

Having snuck on the scales this morning (I know WI less often not more often) to see a gain after 2 days away from home - little chance of exercise & eating in restaurants, I was feeling really down, this has cheered me up no end :)
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    I definitely wish I could weigh more and be smaller!
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Awesome perspective. Thank you for sharing!
  • rr85114
    rr85114 Posts: 104 Member
    Amen!
  • Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    If the scale isn't going down, but the inches are moving, consider this a GREAT thing! Why? Because if the scale goes down, you then need to adjust your calories accordingly in the same direction... and didn't we all come here to eat more?!

Not for me it isn't! I'm still able to eat the same amount as I did 12 months ago even though I've lost a further 7 kg & I'm nearly at scale goal weight. The food amount you eat doesn't have to go down drastically the lower you go on the scale. There comes a point though that if you go too low in scale weight that isn't natural or easy to maintain then you would have to eat less to stay that same weight. I think it's important to find that healthy balance
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 994 Member
    I definitely wish I could weigh more and be smaller!

^^ This. Hasn't worked for me yet. I feel I've gotten bigger and bigger since starting to lift and eat more.
  • tbellamy1
    tbellamy1 Posts: 353
    NICE POST!!!! THE SCALE IS A LIAR!!

Funny thing happened this morning, I was doing pull overs on my step bench and the scale was directly above my head and as I took the weights over they hit the scale and I thoght to my self, hmmmm I dont care if it breaks!! I think that is a NSV!!! lol
  • LuluProteinFueled
    LuluProteinFueled Posts: 261 Member
    Funny thing happened this morning, I was doing pull overs on my step bench and the scale was directly above my head and as I took the weights over they hit the scale and I thoght to my self, hmmmm I dont care if it breaks!! I think that is a NSV!!! lol

Lol! Total NSV!! :)