Great Clean Eating Tool

Options
Just a tip for all you clean eaters!

I have found the website Shopwell.com an extremely helpful tool for finding clean eating food products. You can create an account with settings that will rate food items based on personal preferences, both things you want and things you don't want. For example, one can avoid foods with preservatives, artificial sweeteners, added sugars and refined grains and highlight foods with whole grains, protein, fiber etc., as well as specify any dietary preferences. The website rates its database based on your preferences when you search a food and compiles a list for you.

It also has nutrition labels and ingredient lists for all of the products. Some I have found are not entirely accurate on the labels front but it's a great source regardless.

You can also create lists for types of foods or grocery lists, and the website gives you suggestions for better versions of the foods you already eat!

They don't have everything you may find in your market and some things may be regional/not in your grocery store but it definitely helped me find new products and not have to read so many labels at the market!

Hope some of you find this helpful!

Replies

• dcipolone
    dcipolone Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks, looks like a good site to visit.
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for posting!
  • deebelky
    deebelky Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    just checked it out. way cool. thanks.
  • nomayo
    nomayo Posts: 228
    Options
    Thank you!
  • bongbunny
    bongbunny Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Shopwell has an iphone app too. I can't remember if it was free or not (I think it was), but it's been a great resource when grocery shopping and going through my pantry. There's a bar scanner to make lookups super easy.
  • womanathewell
    womanathewell Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thank you. new to this group and clean eating felt terriable first 3 days but so feeling great right now