Weight Watchers

sspahn49
sspahn49 Posts: 49 Member
I am down 26 lbs since April doing the weight watchers program. I am 63 years old and find that losing weight at this age is much more difficult. I take beta blockers for HBP which makes the whole process even more difficult. I do workout at least 3 times a week, I do Curves and use a treadmill for 30 -40 minutes 3 times a week. I am find it difficult to get enough protein in my diet due to the low amount of Points I get daily because of my age. WW gives a high points value to animal products, even chicken. Anyone else dealing with these struggles??

Replies

• SockSaver
    SockSaver Posts: 22 Member
    sspahn49, gratz on your weight loss. Yess, protein has been a trial for me. I used to DO WW even got life time. but was just so difficult ( read that as whining ) am counting cals, exercising, and really paying attention. home made protein shakes have been my go to recently. Cause I can control what goes it them. Have them after work out. . The powder that i use is a vanilla flavor and then i add yogurt and some fruit.
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    ssphan,

I’ve done WW three or four times but found that 1) I really didn’t have control and 2) for me it was not sustainable. I was not willing to buy their food for the rest of my life or use their cookbooks to cook every meal. I took pounds off each time, but gained most of it back after I quit WW. I now fix most of our own meals, using lean meats and fresh fruits and vegetables, no processed food. This way has been very easy for me and is sustainable for the rest of my life.

But if it works for you, great!
  • sspahn49
    sspahn49 Posts: 49 Member
    Thanks for the info, I am thinking about going back to a high protein low carb program. I am constantly hungry on 26PP and just generally do not feel well, like something is lacking in my diet. I logged onto myplate.gov and ran the calories I took in today. 26PP was 1065 calories, not much if you are active. Wishing everyone the best on this journey, thanks for your replys.
  • Hi,
    I've done WW for years up and down, etc. Now just trying myfitnesspal for a # of calories a day (1200 or 1400 - whatever works for you). Some days are better than others but I find this works very well if you want to try something new. WW is good for support and ideas.
    Keep on trying and never give up!
    frances123