Whats the hardest part about whole 30?

Options
Fairysoul
Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
For me it has to be corn on the cobb,corn chips and creamer!! I could care less about the rest really!!

Replies

• pattyproulx
    pattyproulx Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    BOOZE!! hahaha.

I'm going to try it in the fall when cottage and patio season is over. Until then, no chance I could do it.
  • skwidlund
    skwidlund Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    More than giving up anything specific, i think somewhere around day 25 was the hardest for me - I was past the excitement of how great I felt and soooo close to the end. I was also feeling really bored with food in general, so I had to dig and find a few new recipes to keep me on track for the last few days.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    For most, I'd say it's the monotony (especially for those who aren't creative). Fortunately for me, as you can see from my food diary, getting into a food rut is not a problem for me. =P
  • beckkotsch
    beckkotsch Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I'm only 9 days in but nothing has been overly "hard" for me. I'd love a glass of wine or some dark chocolate though but I know I can survive a few more days without! I'm sure in a couple weeks I'll be ready to have this be over!
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Booze. I really love red wine so I'm missing it right now
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    The reason I haven't done it is because I have to cook for my family, and there's no way they would be able to cut out all of those food groups all at once for an entire month. Also, I'm not willing to cut out butter. I like the paleo ideal of using dairy only in condiment-sized portions, but to cut it out completely would make things difficult. And bland. I like cooking with butter.
  • mooncat1
    Options
    Wine. Definitely.
  • beckie32536
    beckie32536 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I don't think that the W30 has been overly hard to do. But there are a few things that I miss: butter, stevia in my coffee, and red wine.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I had to add that lunch can be hard too, dinner is easy though... So different from the noodles and bead we used to have for lunch, the change is challenging me!
  • GalaxyDuck
    GalaxyDuck Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    The reason I haven't done it is because I have to cook for my family, and there's no way they would be able to cut out all of those food groups all at once for an entire month. Also, I'm not willing to cut out butter. I like the paleo ideal of using dairy only in condiment-sized portions, but to cut it out completely would make things difficult. And bland. I like cooking with butter.
    I don't think that the W30 has been overly hard to do. But there are a few things that I miss: butter, stevia in my coffee, and red wine.

You can still have butter, you just have to make sure it's grass-fed, organic & clarified butter (i.e. THE GOOD STUFF yum). You can even clarify your own butter, there's a link on this page with a video tutorial on how to do so:
    http://whole9life.com/2011/10/butter/
  • beckie32536
    beckie32536 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    [You can still have butter, you just have to make sure it's grass-fed, organic & clarified butter (i.e. THE GOOD STUFF yum). You can even clarify your own butter, there's a link on this page with a video tutorial on how to do so:

The butter needs to be clarified. I just haven't bothered to take the time to do it. Plus, I figured it wouldn't kill me to just go without. I still miss it though...
  • beckkotsch
    beckkotsch Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    You can still have butter, you just have to make sure it's grass-fed, organic & clarified butter (i.e. THE GOOD STUFF yum). You can even clarify your own butter, there's a link on this page with a video tutorial on how to do so:

I didn't realize you could make your own clarified butter! doh! I haven't been able to find any so I'm totally gonna make some. Thanks for sharing that link!
  • margieward82
    margieward82 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Booze!

Then gum! I chew a piece each gym session and have only given in once (I'm on day 10) when I wasn't really thinking. But gum has been a habit in the gym for me for over 5 years! That one has been tougher than tough!
  • MikeFlyMike
    MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    booze is indeed tough. And wine. I eat out a lot and probably eating a lot of cafo and crap oil outside of my control - but I try to stick to protein and a good veggie.
    Lack of dairy doesn't bother me and no sugars doesn't bother me a bit.
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I totally understand the gum thing! I don't chew gum but I LOVE altoids. It's hard not to have one after meals