Looking for some buddies!

Options
Hi everyone!! I just joined the group and I could really use some buddies! First just a little back ground.. I am Tammy, I'm 32.. my highest weight was 310 and right now I am anywhere between 290 and 300.. just depends on the day. I swear I have been trying to lose this weight for 2 years now and this is as far as I have come. I have severe back problems, I have broken vertebra, pinched nerves, well lets just say I could make a list of what they have found, plus I suffer from severe depression. I've recently started seeing some professionals for that (lol lets say professionals it makes me feel less crazy LOL) Anyway I have some issues that just make this harder then it already is. Right now my depression is worse then its ever been in my entire life which is why I finally took the step to get real help. ANYWAY.. after all that babbling.. I don't know where to turn anymore. I know what I need to do to lose this weight. I did it 2 years ago. I lost almost 40 lbs, then we went on vacation and I gained it all back.. literally within 2 months it was all back on! Unreal!! My family has serious heart issues.. I already have weakened heart muscles, my father died at 46 of a massive heart attack. So you are probably saying.. well then Tammy why isn't this enough to make you lose the weight already??? Well I don't stinken know!!!! I have a million reasons why I should and NEED to lose the weight but I get depressed and I guess in my head I think it will make me feel better, of course I end up feeling worse.. its a vicious cycle. Anyway I could just use some friends to work through this journey with me. I swear I am a much better supporter to others then I am to myself! LOLI hope to get to know some of you soon!

Replies

• thebrianmo
    thebrianmo Posts: 108
    Options
    You can do this and we are all here to encourage and support you. I started out at my highest weight of 428.5 and after the first month I am down to 376. Sure men lose weight faster but even if it's just a pound you can do it.

I've lived with depression, if you haven't already, see a doctor, get on a decent med, don't be afraid of counseling. I had to deal with my depression before I could ever begin to lose weight. Don't worry about what the world thinks, you are doing this for you, to be healthier and feel better about yourself. Share your fears and struggles with people who will be understanding and encouraging to you.

We're a family here and we're in this together!
  • KimWW
    KimWW Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    On top of whatever medication your doctor prescribes, sometimes just getting out of the chair and getting moving, even when that is the LAST thing you want, can make you feel better. Just knowing that you made that choice and did it can help.
  • TNFirefly
    TNFirefly Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I sent a request to you, and anyone after me, please add me. I really need friends who understand life in big numbers.
  • Janie3765
    Janie3765 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone my name is Jane, Im 47 years old, I joined MFP 6 days ago weighing 382lb I would like to ge down to around 220lb and need all the help I can get, please feel free to add me as a friend as it is so important talking to someone who knows exactly how you feel.x
  • tamlynne32
    Options
    Hey everyone!! Thank you all for the friend requests and the replies! I did start seeing a doctor about 2 months ago. So far its a lot of trying to get the right meds and its still not working. I see my therapist Friday who is in the same practice with the psychiatrist I see so I'm going to talk to her and hopefully they have some kind of plan. I know I can do this, I'm just tired of being so weak and pathetic. If anyone wants to talk though please PM me. I don't have any friends around here that understand anything about what I'm going through and sometimes its just nice to chat with someone who gets it!
  • Mrbusterb
    Mrbusterb Posts: 114
    Options
    You will have all the motivation and support here on MFP