work crush

Options

Replies

• farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    That's actually not a bad idea! I dont know that i could give him my number but i might say something to him on my last day like "good luck with this place! It's been nice working with you! Maybe I'll see you around!" Maybe then he might ask for my number! might be picking up extra work there so I will most likely be working there again but just not on a consistent basis!

You've failed many times, although you don't remember,
    You fell down the first time you tried to walk.
    You almost drowned the first time you tried to swim...

DON'T WORRY ABOUT FAILURE....WORRY ABOUT THE CHANCES YOU MISS WHEN YOU DON'T EVEN TRY!!!!!!!!!! :noway:

Sending hugs and kisses, you got this. Go for it!!!!!
  • BelMckenzie
    Options

You've failed many times, although you don't remember,
    You fell down the first time you tried to walk.
    You almost drowned the first time you tried to swim...

DON'T WORRY ABOUT FAILURE....WORRY ABOUT THE CHANCES YOU MISS WHEN YOU DON'T EVEN TRY!!!!!!!!!! :noway:

Sending hugs and kisses, you got this. Go for it!!!!!

I love this- it is great advice!!
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Oh. You're going to go up to him and say "see you around". How has that worked for you in the past getting someone's number/getting asked out?
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    Maybe. He could ask for your number then, maybe not. I have no idea why he hasn’t made a bolder move with you. But if you want absolutely clarity and certainty, ask directly for what you want.

It's probably because I look like *kitten* at work...work polo and khakis with my hair pulled back...it sucks because I can't make the best impression. :(
    Oh. You're going to go up to him and say "see you around". How has that worked for you in the past getting someone's number/getting asked out?

Not very much but I feel this is one of those situations where he could then take the opportunity to make a move, if he wants to. But if he was just being a nice co-worker then whatever I guess I know my answer.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Maybe. He could ask for your number then, maybe not. I have no idea why he hasn’t made a bolder move with you. But if you want absolutely clarity and certainty, ask directly for what you want.

It's probably because I look like *kitten* at work...work polo and khakis with my hair pulled back...it sucks because I can't make the best impression. :(

Not very much but I feel this is one of those situations where he could then take the opportunity to make a move, if he wants to. But if he was just being a nice co-worker then whatever I guess I know my answer.

Saying kind of shyly and giggly "I`ll see you around" and then after a few seconds the guys runs to catch you and talk as you are walking away is a movie thing.
    In real life it is a neutral send off.

At the least give him some sort of personal contact option Christine.
    Please.
  • christine24t
    Options
    Please.

Haha and say "hey, i met you two months ago and this is crazy, but here's my number, call me maybe..."

But seriously, he works in an open area with a lot of other people around. So everyone would see me giving him my number or vice versa if he really wanted to. That is probably why it won't happen. Because everyone would rib him and me, and I don't think he would want to be teased especially considering that he is new.
  • Carl01
    Options
    Please.

Haha and say "hey, i met you two months ago and this is crazy, but here's my number, call me maybe..."

But seriously, he works in an open area with a lot of other people around. So everyone would see me giving him my number or vice versa if he really wanted to. That is probably why it won't happen. Because everyone would rib him and me, and I don't think he would want to be teased especially considering that he is new.

This is the problem and trust me,I suffer it too...the assumption that it will be negatively received.
    First off it is unlikely anyone will know,second there is no reason to believe anyone would tease anyone and lastly who cares,you are leaving so what does it matter.

Honestly,this is just an exercise in excuse making to not be even a little proactive.
    The white horse is not coming over the hill Christine,you have to open yourself up,we all do. :flowerforyou:
  • Carl01
    Options
    Please.

Oh and btw,that is exactly what you say...it would be perfect. :wink:
  • christine24t
    Options
    This is the problem and trust me,I suffer it too...the assumption that it will be negatively received.
    First off it is unlikely anyone will know,second there is no reason to believe anyone would tease anyone and lastly who cares,you are leaving so what does it matter.

My work is very immature lol. Very. Everyone is best friends and teases each other like crazy. And we are all out in the open - we work just feet from each other. It is entirely possible that many people could overhear this exchange. And while I am quitting, I will most likely be back periodically to fill in for people, so I would hate for that story to get around that I gave him my number. I guess I had this idea that he might like me, but I never thought logically until this thread lol.

Haha I would laugh too hard to actually get through the whole line!!
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    So have people been overhearing him call you pet names too? I'm sure there will be some minute in the next week or so where you've got a private moment. Make the most of it =)
  • Carl01
    Options

My work is very immature lol. Very. Everyone is best friends and teases each other like crazy. And we are all out in the open - we work just feet from each other. It is entirely possible that many people could overhear this exchange. And while I am quitting, I will most likely be back periodically to fill in for people, so I would hate for that story to get around that I gave him my number. I guess I had this idea that he might like me, but I never thought logically until this thread lol.

I am not being snarky but God forbid you take a chance...so much safer sitting in the corner hoping something magical will happen.

Christine,once and for all you are not ugly,you are not some freakishly big Gargantua,you are not a universal joke.
    Believing all that has led you to act in ways (sometimes to the extreme) that discourage anyone to try to get to know you and as another poster said became a self fulfilling prophecy.

Forgetting for a moment my age I see nothing in your picture here that makes me go "Ewwww" and no one else,male or female,does either.
    Accept that and deal with it,give yourself a fighting chance to realize what it is you hope for.
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options

Maybe have a friend pass him a note and he can check of yes or no for whether he wants to call you?

The immature work place does sound like an excuse for not getting out of your comfort zone. Put yourself out there, girl! Don't miss your chance. You can be uncomfortable for a bit and maybe get a date out of it or have comfort and regret later while you're all alone.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Could you email it to him?
  • christine24t
    Options

We don't have work email since we work in a kitchen. :( Otherwise that would be an awesome idea! I creeped him on Facebook but I found out his full name via creeping on the work schedule so I am not about to friend him. I am so weird!
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    If you're really worried about it, print up a message to all your coworkers that says it's been so nice working with all you blah blah blah and put them in marked envelopes. Give him a more personalized note saying you really enjoyed working with him and will miss his company. Then leave your number and say it would be great to hear from him.
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    I have to say im with Carl on this one. You have to just do it.
    You will get an adrenaline rush and think your about to pass out when it happens but that wears off. I PROMISE!

Keep whatever u do simple so theres no room for you to think uve failed.

Hes given u pet names so thats says he is interested in you. please dont take for granted what some women would die to have. Go for it and if your immature co workers tease you let it go. laugh with them. be red. be embarassed. I PROMISE YOU 100%. it gpes away.
  • BelMckenzie
    Options

We don't have work email since we work in a kitchen. :( Otherwise that would be an awesome idea! I creeped him on Facebook but I found out his full name via creeping on the work schedule so I am not about to friend him. I am so weird!

Just friend him- what is the worst that will happen? Oh he doesn't accept your friend request, life will go
    On and no one will ever know about it.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    awww I like snickerdoodle. You should have asked if that was his favorite cookie.

Ditto! Snickerdoodles! :love: I would have loved it! Haha. Good luck!
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    If you want something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done.

^^This is one of my favorite quotes and helps to remind me quite often that life is about taking risks and trying new things. That is what we all want for you here Christine! You have such a support team cheering you on. You just need to pick a method mentioned and be determined to make it known to the guy that you'd like to continue communication even after you leave the job. Be brave and be bold! If nothing comes of it at least you know you tried!
  • Katefab26
    Katefab26 Posts: 865
    Options
    I think you just need to write your number on a piece of paper, walk up to him, hand it to him and say "I think you might need this" on your last day and turn around and walk away. Nobody will have a clue what you're doing, and you don't have to worry about feeling embarrassed because hell, if he doesn't like you, you never have to see him again.