Stuck on a plateau

karlajotj
karlajotj Posts: 46 Member
Last Summer I decided it was time to stop looking the way I did and start taking care of myself. Through eating better and exercising I lost 30 pounds! I have felt so much better! My stomach has not been that flat in years, but then I had to have a hysterectomy in October.
I currently weigh the same, but my stomach definitely is not as flat as it was when I had my surgery. I blame it on the surgery and hormones.
I go on a bike ride every day. I ride 40 miles a day and I try to eat as healthy as possible. A lot healthier than I used to.
It seems even when I ride as much as I do, my weight is still staying the same.
My motivation is not like it was last year.
My son is getting married in 2 months and I would like to lose at least 10 more pounds.
Any suggestions?

Replies

• BlueJean4114
    BlueJean4114 Posts: 595 Member
    WOW, sounds like you are doing a lot of things right!

ARe you using your MFP food diary here ??

I am new here, still finding my way,
    but, i have found logging every single bite,
    every fluid i drink,
    every condiment i use,
    every snack i have,
    into that food diary
    is really helping me see where my calories come from.
    could be LOTS of hidden calories we could be not factoring into our awareness.

doing this, is also making me aware of what i eat, how much i eat, and portions!
    for first time in my entire life,
    i am noticing,
    if not actually measuring,
    the PORTIONS i am eating.

SORRY FOR DELAY in getting reply here, maybe my reply will bump this up to be seen, some of the senior groups don't seem to have a lot of activity. One of the senior groups i have joined which really seems more lively,
    is
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/337-woman-of-a-certain-age

and
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/30-50-fabulous-and-fit

seem to be more active groups.
  • BlueJean4114
    BlueJean4114 Posts: 595 Member
    //"My motivation is not like it was last year. "//

You might want to consider adding some MFP friends, to help cheer you on...? so you can see you are not alone, so you can see that others also hit snags now and then, yet, keep on going, too.
    I don't have anyone in my real life, that is interested in my daily calorie count,
    nor interested in eating/dieting/recipes/best ways to exercise/best ways to stay motivated/what to do about plateau, etc, at all.
    nope.
    but, now i have some online pals who ARE interested in those very things. I tend to find MFP pals in my own age group are better for me, than an 18 year old who is egging me to go to Zumba class...

it is MyFitnessPAL, after all, :wink: but, whatever works for you.

Also,
    maybe find things that make you feel great,
    to help you develop and foster a hopeful attitude? For me, lately i have been playing my favorite music, up kinda loud, too,
    and walking with my headphones on, to help me feel jazzed up inside.
    as well as a few other things i am doing, to make me FEEL differently.