Not New, But Need Friends!

Options
FatSlayer1016
FatSlayer1016 Posts: 127 Member
Hello all!!!

I have been an MFPer for I think 86 days now. I fell victim to starving myself on 1300 calories for about the first month. Then I upped my calories because I new I would never be able to stick with 1300 calories forever. I needed something I could do for ever. Then I discovered EM2WL and haven't looked back. I sometimes find it hard to reach my goal, but I try my best.

I also lift heavy, with the goal of actually sticking to the three days a week I keep telling myself I will. I am following the Stronglifts 5x5 program and love it. My deadlift is up to 165 already and I'm squatting 105. I love lifting and feel so awesome on my lift days.

I love all of my current MFP buddies, but am always looking for more, as I only have a few special ones at the moment. Any and all requests excepted. Special props to those who aren't afraid to look at my diary and give me **** for the 24oz can of beer or four slices of pizza, because you can trust that I will return the same favor! :)

Replies

• candace_ndiaye
    candace_ndiaye Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey! Way to go with the 12lb weight loss!!! I've been on MFP since around March or April I think. I did what most everyone does (and what it sounds like you did) and tried to do the calories suggested by MFP (around 1400), which is just insane and unsustainable. Which is when I found the EM2WL boards, and I feel pretty good doing it, actually. If anything, I have trouble eating the number of calories I should be eating (which I just recalculated today and realized I was shorting myself by about 200 calories a day; oh well, hindsight and all). I haven't had alot of weight loss to be honest. I've lost a total of about 20 lbs, but only about 5 of that has been since starting EM2WL. I'm wondering if it's because I'm not lifting heavy weights? I do strength training, but it's mostly lighter weights (5-8lbs) or body weight.

I'd love to chat with a fellow MFPer; I only have a couple of people on here I regularly talk to as well. Have a great weekend!

Candace
  • Callalili
    Callalili Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I've been on mfp since Jan I think. And up until a month ago I ate the 1200 mfp recommended calories, plus exercise calories because that 1200 wasn't enough. Now I eat 1650, which is TDEE-15% for light activity which I am currently but I'm on the fence between light and medium so may bump that up a little. I'm on my second round of Supreme 90 but will most likely start NROLFW soon. I do the couple beers thing (dh brews his own), but try to save that for the weekend.