Disability Review

Alliwan
Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
So nervous and scared. Im up for my first disability review, as ive only had disability since 2008. I havent been on meds, because of all the issues as stated in my introduction and im so scared they are going to deny me disability this time around.

I wasnt on meds when i was approved for disability either, but i also havent been on meds since then either. I was approved partially for RA and partially due to emotional issue, but dont take meds atm for either. Cant afford them and im allergic/sensitive to most meds, as i had explained in my intro. Im really hoping that it gets approved as im not sure i can make it if hubby has to go to work fulltime. I cant care for myself and my daughter without help, major help, which hubby provides as a full time care giver for me and her, as she's severely bipolar.

Has anyone else been thru this? do they send you to those silly 20 minute examinations still? I thought that was goofy since that exam is a one time thing, i can bend down...once, i can touch my nose with both fingers, i can mostly make a fist...once. What that exam doesnt show is how much pain im in if i try to do that repeatedly, or how exhausted you are after you out for an hour or two or try to do those things repeatedly. I feel like its a set up for failure.

Just wanted some insight so maybe my anxiety, panic attacks and heart palpitations can calm down.

Replies

• LovesAngels
    LovesAngels Posts: 23 Member
    I've been disabled for many years and it's all by questions on paper! One or two to me and the rest was to and from my doctor! My doc is who sent me to disability so I was expecting state but it went right through to federal! I have asthma, RA, Osteo arthritis and a genetic bone problem! I was told when you have three or more then the approve it right away! Mine was!
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    thx for replying. I havent heard anything yet so i have no idea what is going to happen. I have way more than 3 but its the issue with not being able to take meds that could be the problem.