Wish me luck! Bumping up the calories.

I've been at 1927 calories a day for a while now. I'm trying to gain muscle and lose body fat% so that's the number scooby had given me with moderate exercise. Lately I've been really run down and feeling weaker than usual. I've also upped my workouts (cardio as I've finally been cleared to run again) and have had some big burns lately wihch have never putting me under my BMR though. I posted earlier about moderate vs strenuous exercise and have decided that I think with the bigger calorie burns my body isn't getting enough fuel. Scooby says that with strenuous exercise and no cut I should be at 2142 a day. I think I'm going to go 2035 (my 5% cut) and see what happens. I'm currently 3 lbs up (in two days...VERY peeved) from too much sodium, starting to run again and AF coming to town soon. Hoping this will help me bust out of what ever crazy stuff my body is trying to do and help me get down to the lean mean mama machine I'd like to be. Going to meet with my new trainer on Monday (she's a fan of eating so that's cool) and discuss all this with her as well. Thanks for listening to me ramble. Not sure what the point of this post is besides needing a little support/hand holding.

Replies

• LuluProteinFueled
    LuluProteinFueled Posts: 261 Member
    I am definitely all for slightly over-estimating cals if you're doing a serious strength training program. The worst that could happen is that you eat at TDEE instead of cut for a few weeks, then when you finally realise you'll have been fuelling & building muscle the whole time, and if you cut a bit from there and start losing, more good than harm done!

I think you're making the right decision, especially with all the big burns and the fact that you've been tired.

Nothing but support from me :)

Enjoy eating those extra cals and feel free to add me!