The reset put me back to where I started

Options
Hi everyone, I only just joined this group, but I have been reading through some of the forums for a while now. I started trying to lose weight early this year, using Calorie Count, and just jumped straight onto a low calorie diet. I lost 4kg (8lbs) fairly quickly, like within a month, and then since March I just stopped. I kept eating tiny amounts of food, probably 1000-1200 a day, getting frustrated at not seeing results... then some time around May I was researching weight loss plateaus and I discovered all these MyFitnessPal forums about eating more to lose, and so I slowly began eating more- somewhere around 1750 calories a day... I did that for 6-7 weeks and didn't see any change in weight, and so then I decided to try the reset.

I'm halfway through week 6 now, and I plan to start eating cut on Wednesday, which will mark 7 weeks of eating at TDEE. I have gained the 4kg I lost in February back, and I have gained inches all over my body. I bought a pair of deep red skinny jeans in May, which fit perfectly, and they have been just about the only jeans I've worn all winter. (It's Winter where I live, Australia) I put them on after a few weeks of not wearing them... I don't fit them now. My stomach hangs over the top, fat bulges out over the sides, my thighs hardly fit through the legs, and the button is just about popping off. When I saw this, I just completely broke down. I now have hardly any clothes I don't look fat in. It's such a pain getting dressed every day.

I pretty much look just like I did before I started trying to lose weight. Maybe 1-2kg less than my highest weight, but still pretty similar. It's funny, all that effort and work for almost 5 months.... and in the last 6 weeks I've just completely undone it all. I know, I know, it's done me so much good... my body is healthy again, I love eating this much, and I'm not starving and exhausted like I was on the low calorie diet... but this gain in weight and fat is really getting to me. I feel completely ready to cut now... I'm just so scared that for some reason it won't work. If it doesn't.... I don't know what I'd do.

I decided to get the MyFitnessPal app a few days ago, and abandon my Calorie Count profile so I can just completely start over, forget about the low calorie diet, and lose weight the right way.

Please tell me it will work. I would love to hear from anyone who has done the reset, and lost the weight/inches they put on with the reset. I just really need some motivation :'(

Replies

• wa_tracy
    wa_tracy Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    It will work! Promise! It takes time. Remember you are making a lifestyle change. Something that you can maintain. Eating at 1000-1200 calories is not a way to live life. slow and steady wins the race.
  • HealthyEllie98
    Options
    It will work! Promise! It takes time. Remember you are making a lifestyle change. Something that you can maintain. Eating at 1000-1200 calories is not a way to live life. slow and steady wins the race.

Thank you. Yes... I need to keep remembering that. This is a LIFESTLYE change. I can never go back to starving myself again.
    Well I'm off for a run. I need to get back into my good exercise habits for when I start my cut.

I need to think POSITIVE!!!