We all have our vices... This is mine...

Options
What is your vice? Do you struggle with something you already know will effect your life in the long run? I would have to say for me that dark soda's were my cigarette. They were my pacifier & my drug. What is it that you can't imagine your life without but are aware its a problem? Still I struggle with chewing the insides of my cheek too, that can't be healthy at ALL! But, give me time....one thing at a time....

ps. I want to make it clear that in no way do I think 138 is big. I'm pointing out what soda swelling looks like on a 138lb me.

376586_3151790048470_531999128_n.jpg

(if the image is too large you can view the full version here: https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/376586_3151790048470_531999128_n.jpg)

Replies

• AiimeeDee
    AiimeeDee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Wow, crazy! Great accomplishment getting rid of your soda addiction. I wish I could get my loved ones to understand how bad soda is.

My vise is --was-- SUGAR. Drinks, candy and fruits. Candies, like Skittle, Airheads, Sour Gummy Worms, just to name a few. (Man I sound like a little kid.) Snickers and Paydays, and Carmelo's. And then there were the sugary drinks like cokes, slushy's and Star Bucks. Sucking down sugar with a straw,THAT was a hard habit to break ! All those empty calories. Yikes! I of course will have a sweet here and there. But so much tastier the few and farther in-between they are. And it's all about moderation for me now. That is how I found a happier me. :)

Thanks for sharing!
  • DeniseNichole76
    DeniseNichole76 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Wow, crazy! Great accomplishment getting rid of your soda addiction. I wish I could get my loved ones to understand how bad soda is.

My vise is --was-- SUGAR. Drinks, candy and fruits. Candies, like Skittle, Airheads, Sour Gummy Worms, just to name a few. (Man I sound like a little kid.) Snickers and Paydays, and Carmelo's. And then there were the sugary drinks like cokes, slushy's and Star Bucks. Sucking down sugar with a straw,THAT was a hard habit to break ! All those empty calories. Yikes! I of course will have a sweet here and there. But so much tastier the few and farther in-between they are. And it's all about moderation for me now. That is how I found a happier me. :)

Thanks for sharing!

Ohh Aiiimee, i think that was my problem...the sugar....i couldnt ever get enough.....
  • GrammaBonnie
    GrammaBonnie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    My vice WAS chocolatey pasteries ... Little Debbie Fudge Rounds and brownies from 7/11 were the worst.

I was soooo addicted to Fudge Rounds ... I would know every store that sold them. I'd go to store A on Monday and buy two. On Tuesday, I'd go to store B for two. Wednesday was store C ... You get the picture? I'd panic if I didn't have them. (Two per day?!? 300+ calories each?!? What WAS I thinking???)

Happily, I broke that cycle about 8 years ago. In the past year, I started to eat them again, but was able to do it in more moderation, although the intervals were getting closer. Eeek!

I had my last Fudge Round a few days before I started this journey in March. I began the journey with a cleansing detox on Tuesday. On that Monday, I made a stop at 7/11 ... and bought two of their brownies. I'm happy to report that I couldn't eat them all, and threw out part of the last one.

More importantly, I haven't had one since.

I purchased a box of Kashi Peanutty granola bars with chocolate recently. I finished the box, but I don't think I'll buy another. They didn't taste good. They were too sweet!

I (embarrassingly) found a chocolate easter egg last week. I ate it. It didn't taste good ... it was just too sweet, and too artificial tasting.

I am liking clean, healthy eating more and more! It would be hard, now, to go back to that old way of unhealthy eating. :)
  • DeniseNichole76
    Options
    its so strange how we can like things SO much and then after we havent had them for awhile and taste them again, they aren't as good as we remember....
    My vice WAS chocolatey pasteries ... Little Debbie Fudge Rounds and brownies from 7/11 were the worst.

I was soooo addicted to Fudge Rounds ... I would know every store that sold them. I'd go to store A on Monday and buy two. On Tuesday, I'd go to store B for two. Wednesday was store C ... You get the picture? I'd panic if I didn't have them. (Two per day?!? 300+ calories each?!? What WAS I thinking???)

Happily, I broke that cycle about 8 years ago. In the past year, I started to eat them again, but was able to do it in more moderation, although the intervals were getting closer. Eeek!

I had my last Fudge Round a few days before I started this journey in March. I began the journey with a cleansing detox on Tuesday. On that Monday, I made a stop at 7/11 ... and bought two of their brownies. I'm happy to report that I couldn't eat them all, and threw out part of the last one.

More importantly, I haven't had one since.

I purchased a box of Kashi Peanutty granola bars with chocolate recently. I finished the box, but I don't think I'll buy another. They didn't taste good. They were too sweet!

I (embarrassingly) found a chocolate easter egg last week. I ate it. It didn't taste good ... it was just too sweet, and too artificial tasting.

I am liking clean, healthy eating more and more! It would be hard, now, to go back to that old way of unhealthy eating. :)
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Cigarettes.
  • DeniseNichole76
    Options
    Cigarettes.

Still smoking?
  • denuyal50
    denuyal50 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure my vice is pizza! I could eat it morning, noon, night! I crave it all the time. I really haven't found a good way to break that cycle.

Any ideas?