What style MA do you do and what are you currently learning?

Options
13»

Replies

• Liadora11
    Options
    I have been doing shotokan karate for exactly one year now. I'm an orange belt and hope to take my yellow in June.

Just now we are working on improving our katas (taikyoku shodan, heian shodan and heian nidan) for competing as there are lots of opportunities to compete in spring here. We move slow and steady, we don't grade more than twice a year but when we do, the entire club gets their full respective grades.

My daughter just started on Monday, and even though my son has his full red he is only 7 and needs lots of practise so I have just started to train 4 times a week, twice with the kids in beginners class and twice in the middle group. I have to say, being back with the newbies has really highlighted just how far I have come! Plus double pass Monday is a great physical challenge for me. :D

We are a tiny club, about 30 members, so even I get to help out occasionally, leading warm ups (!!) and helping out with the newbies. I translate for the folks that don't speak swedish too. I don't know how it happened but karate seems to have become our lifestyle, rather than just out sport!
  • watergallagher
    watergallagher Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Novice thugjitsu artist. Nap or snap!