Options
Railr0aderTony
Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
Lets list all NSV moments here for the order. All Hail the Hat

Replies

• Railr0aderTony
    Options
    I will start even though I was asked to create this thread. Tonight i have been referred to 4 times by different people at work as the incredible shrinking man. Works for me.
  • pearsy67
    pearsy67 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    My wife took me shopping for new bike pants, I asked the standard question "Why? Do the pants make my *kitten* look fat?". The answer was actually along the lines of , "No, but the pants look like they belong on a fatter *kitten* than the one you now have"

She is also insisting I go and buy new work out shorts and trakky daks for the same reason.

I love my wife, but I know never to make the same comments back :-)
  • Wpbarr
    Wpbarr Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Out-lifting and out-pacing a group of high school seniors through a 60 minute circuit. They may have looked prettier, but they didn't get the compliment from the cute trainer.
  • alsatty
    alsatty Posts: 28
    Options
    Walking down the hall at work and one of my coworkers whistled at me and told me I was looking good with my weight loss
  • MKLAMAN
    MKLAMAN Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I bought new shorts the other day and they were size 34 and they fit. Before MFP in January I was up to a 40 or 42. I have also drilled 3 holes in my belt.
  • JimLeonardRN
    JimLeonardRN Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Being able to comfortably fit in a stadium seat during my wifes college graduation.
  • Wpbarr
    Wpbarr Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Maxed out the stack on the leg press!
  • majikmiker
    majikmiker Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Being able to fit in a booth at a restaurant rather than having to ask all the time for a table. I've also had the whistling co-workers. :)
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Putting on a shirt and a tie without feeling like I'm gasping for air.
  • JimLeonardRN
    JimLeonardRN Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Gave my dad a couple of belts that I had "UNDERGROWN". A couple of days later her gave 'em back, said they were "too nice to give to him (?). " He said he cut about a third of it off and moved a medallion on it, and repunched some holes. Fits great now, and I have more shrinking room in it too!
  • BeingKevin
    BeingKevin Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    i have no clue what NSV means?!
  • johnm8703
    johnm8703 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    One of the owners of my company who is NEVER in the office was in town when we moved offices and she asked me "What happened to the rest of me?" It was a great feeling especially since she hadn't seen me in over a year.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Options
    i have no clue what NSV means?!

N S V= Non Scale Victory
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I have a two'fer to contribute. Saturday Morning I ran a 5k to benefit the Michigan State Police memorial fund. I ran the entire three miles, cut three minutes off my time and beat a pal that was also running in the race. Best part I felt good and smiled the whole way. The second NSV was the T-shirt I ordered a 2xl which I put on after the race, it is too big! I'm not sure that an XL would have fit, I tried a different one I had in my closet on and it is still a little tight but the 2XL doesn't fit well either.

All Hail The Hat. I'm really glad I have this group, you guys understand.
  • scloyd
    scloyd Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I can bend over and tie my shoelaces instead of throwing my foot over the other knee to tie them.

I can squat down at the grocery store and grab something off the bottom shelf. The NSV is that when I stand up my knees don't crack and hurt.
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Awesome win Scott. A true transformation!
  • Len61
    Len61 Posts: 4
    Options
    Yesterday was able to tilt my steering wheel down to read my gauges with out hitting my belly.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Options
    Tonight I was asked by someone who had not seen me in some time how i was losing so much weight, He actually said i was 1/2 the size I used to be. Yea that felt good.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Options
    So i was lying in bed, and ran my hands through my chest Pelt(hair is such and understatement) and i found a lump, a big lump, and i was shocked, WTF? what is this? then all at once i realized it was my Sternum. can not remember the last time i actually felt and seen my sternum.
  • Kupe
    Kupe Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Bought work pants late last year, I had to get them all taken as it looked like I was wearing my Dads clothes when I was growning up. Also being able to buy and wear the slim fit work shirts and not feeling like I am about to shoot someone in the eye with a button.