NSV Thread

Options

Replies

• wolfjj79
    wolfjj79 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    1) I bought new pants about a month ago because I had lost a size, from 40 to 38. Then, those being the only ones that fit right, I went to buy some more about 2 weeks ago. I decided to try on some 36's, same brand/style of pants, AND THEY FIT!!!! Now I've gotten rid of all my 40" pants and have 2 pair of 38", which I use with a belt, and 1 pair fo 36". I have to get all new jeans as well since all I have are one pair of 38", which used to be tight in the thighs and loose in the waist, that are just too big all around now, and two pair of 40" that are baggy everywhere.

2) My wife and I get close on the couch after we put the kids down at night and watch some TV. She usually leans on me and used to like putting her arm on my belly, right where belly/chest meet, and it would stay there. Now she tries to do it and her arm slides down....She groans every time it happens cuz she misses the belly, but I don't.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    1) I bought new pants about a month ago because I had lost a size, from 40 to 38. Then, those being the only ones that fit right, I went to buy some more about 2 weeks ago. I decided to try on some 36's, same brand/style of pants, AND THEY FIT!!!! Now I've gotten rid of all my 40" pants and have 2 pair of 38", which I use with a belt, and 1 pair fo 36". I have to get all new jeans as well since all I have are one pair of 38", which used to be tight in the thighs and loose in the waist, that are just too big all around now, and two pair of 40" that are baggy everywhere.

2) My wife and I get close on the couch after we put the kids down at night and watch some TV. She usually leans on me and used to like putting her arm on my belly, right where belly/chest meet, and it would stay there. Now she tries to do it and her arm slides down....She groans every time it happens cuz she misses the belly, but I don't.

HAHA, that is awesome
  • robbob533
    robbob533 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm new but I love the group. I am only 2 months into my journey but my latest NSV was doing 8:50 mile average for 3 miles on the elliptical machine. I know it wasn't a true running on the road NSV but I have never done anything less then 10:20 mile and that was in senior year of high school. Thanks for starting this thread. It feels great to finally get this out there.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Options
    I'm new but I love the group. I am only 2 months into my journey but my latest NSV was doing 8:50 mile average for 3 miles on the elliptical machine. I know it wasn't a true running on the road NSV but I have never done anything less then 10:20 mile and that was in senior year of high school. Thanks for starting this thread. It feels great to finally get this out there.

Great NSV. AHTH
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,123 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the group too.

My best NSV was a few weeks ago when I bumped into a young lady at our office that I don't see often. After we exchanged pleasantries, she noted aloud that something was different about me. She enquired when I shaved off my goatee. I said it was about two years ago. She went "Hmmm..." and then my face had more definition than before. I said it might be from losing weight. She looked me up & down and observed "Your shoulders are as wide as ever but you've lost your belly. How did you do that?"

Made my afternoon...
  • Railr0aderTony
    Options
    I'm new to the group too.

My best NSV was a few weeks ago when I bumped into a young lady at our office that I don't see often. After we exchanged pleasantries, she noted aloud that something was different about me. She enquired when I shaved off my goatee. I said it was about two years ago. She went "Hmmm..." and then my face had more definition than before. I said it might be from losing weight. She looked me up & down and observed "Your shoulders are as wide as ever but you've lost your belly. How did you do that?"

Made my afternoon...

Hell yeah, that is a great one
  • UncleMac
    Options
    Hell yeah, that is a great one
    When she asked how I did it, I said I learned an important fact... the big things are always made of little things... I don't eat special foods or avoid the stuff that I like but I do keep track of what I put in my belly using the MFP and that self-discipline made the difference. I could tell from the look on her face that she didn't believe me.
  • wolfjj79
    wolfjj79 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I know this isn't much but last Sunday I went to my sister's for dinner with the family. I haven't seen her much because she works so much and she said that it looks like I've lost a lot of weight. That just made my weekend.

Having someone outside those that see you every day say they can tell a big difference REALLY feels good!!!
  • SkinnyBubbaGaar
    SkinnyBubbaGaar Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Just realized yesterday that I actually fit into a booth seat while having lunch.

Can't remember the last time that happend. I had gotten pretty damn used to the old standy "pull up a chair to the side of the booth while the rest of the family sits normally" trick.
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Awesome win
  • AASmith1977
    AASmith1977 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I was getting ready for work this morning and as I put on my belt, I noticed it was kinda tight. It almost took the wind out of my sails, until I noticed that it was tightened to the 3rd hole, instead of the 2nd! (The first hole is one that I made years ago when I put on the weight)
  • Stogie40
    Stogie40 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Last weekend, after a year and a half of losing weight, my daughters’ dance instructor came up and said, “Wow, you are looking good. You must really be hard at it.” Then one of the other moms told my wife that they noticed I lost a lot of weight. No one really knows I changed my lifestyle, so it was a huge surprised.
  • SkinnyBubbaGaar
    SkinnyBubbaGaar Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Flew for the first time in a while this past week. Half way through the flight it dawned on me that not only is my seatbelt "securely fastened" without the aid of belt extender, but that it actually needs to be pulled tighter.

Hell F'n Yeah.
  • rvicini
    rvicini Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    About this: my son's old jeans wardrobe fit me all! He is 22 and always have been fully fit.. jaja.. Went from size 42 to size 32!
  • gregwhitley
    gregwhitley Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    New here, and I'm glad I found a guy's group! I had used MFP before, but kind of walked away from it during some really stressful/depressing times with work, family, etc. I started back a month ago, and am down about 20# already! I don't see it much in the mirror, but I have had to tighten my belt a notch, and wore some jeans today (comfortably!) that I couldn't fit in at all a month ago. That was cool, but the NSV for me was the wife telling me the other night after getting busy "I can TELL you have lost weight!"

AHTH!
  • MKLAMAN
    MKLAMAN Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Welcome Greg!
  • IamD1
    IamD1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    That's a great accomplishment. I'm working to get back into shape and I share that frustration. I look forward to not having to upgrade my seat on planes as well as enjoying theme park rides again.
    Congrats!
  • Railr0aderTony
    Options
    Ok Guys, been awhile since I had one that really made say Dayuum, but today I was sitting in the recliner and the wife was walking by, I grabbed her hand and pulled her onto my lap. Wait WTF? I have a Lap? and my wife fits on it? (NSV for her) HOLY ****. I am and was Amazed.
  • UncleMac
    Options
    Ok Guys, been awhile since I had one that really made say Dayuum, but today I was sitting in the recliner and the wife was walking by, I grabbed her hand and pulled her onto my lap. Wait WTF? I have a Lap? and my wife fits on it? (NSV for her) HOLY ****. I am and was Amazed.
    You gotta like that!! Excellent NSV!!
  • Railr0aderTony
    Options
    You gotta like that!! Excellent NSV!!

Thanks Mac