Just joined

Options
danne32339
danne32339 Posts: 155 Member
Hello everyone,
My name is Doni.
I had gastric sleeve surgery in June. I was thrilled to find ths group. I lost 20 pounds in a month but now I seem to be stuck. I have not lost a pound in almost three weeks. I have no idea what I am doing wrong. Has anyone else experienced this? I would welcome any advice.

Replies

• ragslittle
    ragslittle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Just relax your body is adjusting to losing so much so quickly. We all go through that frustration. I personally will go a couple of weeks and not lose a pound and then I will drop 7 in a week. So your body is adjusting just be patient and stick with it. Make sure you get your protein and water and log log log. Welcome to the group!!!
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Thats pretty normal. I hit my first (of many) stalls at three weeks. Its just your body adjusting. Just keep on doing what you are doing and the scale will move again :)
  • Devi_Diva
    Devi_Diva Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    9 months out I too have had many stalls, but all in all I am down just shy of 100 lbs. Have heart :)
  • Mrbusterb
    Mrbusterb Posts: 114
    Options
    Don't worry about it this is normal your body is adjusting
  • VaingloriousVictoria
    VaingloriousVictoria Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I seem to go through weekly plateaus. If you're getting the recommended amounts of protein and water, you should consider trying to get more in (if possible). Also, are you working out? Maybe add one extra day of cardio in or strength training...that may help you. My weekly goal for working out is 5x a week. :)

I know I'm not perfect, but that seems to pull me through. Something else that I'm watching really closely is my sugar intake. If you're eating a lot of fruit, you may want to consider cutting back on that.

If I look at sugar and starch, I plateau.