Bicep injury - what type of strength training now?

Options
BlondieBride
BlondieBride Posts: 63 Member
I have injured my bicep and it is going to take a few weeks to recover. I can't flex, extend or rotate my arm, so any strength training on that side is out of the question.. (this should make looking after my 1 year old fun!).. I was just getting into lifting heavier when this happened.. Arg I could cry :-( what types of strength training can I do? I don't want one arm to end up musclier (sp?) than the other. I can obviously still do some legs and cardio that doesn't involve the upper body. What are my other options? Thank you for any input!

Replies

• HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Squat squat squat squat and do some more squats after that. It will work most of your body except your arms.

Do back squats, front squats, one legged squats, jump squats etc.
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Squat squat squat squat and do some more squats after that. It will work most of your body except your arms.

Do back squats, front squats, one legged squats, jump squats etc.
    I agree with Heidi. Squats are great.
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Also lunges...forward lunges...back lunges....jumping lunges...lunging up onto a step etc etc....hope you heal quickly!
  • BlondieBride
    BlondieBride Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I will try that. It wll all have to be body weight squats and lunges because I cannot hold or lift weights atm!
  • MessyLittlePanda
    MessyLittlePanda Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, so thanks for posting this one - I'm off to do some squats!:tongue: