How long do I cut for?

I just finished doing a reset - starting to cut today. I am aware that I need to go back to maintenance regularly to maintain weight loss, but I'm not entirely sure when and for how long.

Very sorry if this question has already been answered.

Replies

• Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    You can cut for 4-6 week and then eat at TDEE for a week before cutting again

If you want to go longer, like 8-10 weeks on cut you would eat at TDEE for two weeks

Up to you really
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member

If you want to go longer, like 8-10 weeks on cut you would eat at TDEE for two weeks

Up to you really

Noor~ each "Cut" cycle is still 10-15%, right? You don't go any higher if you don't lose weight on a particular Cut, right?

I knew about going to TDEE every month or so once you Cut, but you NEVER, EVER go above Cut-15%, right?
    (and whether or not you lose any weight has nothing to do with how high you Cut?)

(this is me after trying to find pillows to match my sofa:noway: :noway: :noway: freakin dilerious & not a brain cell left in my head)
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member

Up to you really

Noor~ each "Cut" cycle is still 10-15%, right? You don't go any higher if you don't lose weight on a particular Cut, right?

I knew about going to TDEE every month or so once you Cut, but you NEVER, EVER go above Cut-15%, right?
    (and whether or not you lose any weight has nothing to do with how high you Cut?)

(this is me after trying to find pillows to match my sofa:noway: :noway: :noway: freakin dilerious & not a brain cell left in my head)
    You are right no higher than 15%cut. Even if you do not lose you should not increase the cut, rather increase the calories.

Hope you found your matching pillows?