Critique my macros? :)

amonkey794
amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
Okay. Ignoring the fact that my calorie intake is lower than most, I would like some of you to possibly critique my macros? I know you all can't see the pie chart, but you could look at the numbers? My goal is 40c-30p-30f. I try and get close, but it's never really spot on. I'm just looking for some opinions maybe :) (I hope that my sometime higher {healthy} fat intake won't be a problem for body composition)

I don't know if this helps, but . . .
Weight: ~108lbs
height: 5'3.5

Workout schedule: Mon-Fri 60min total workout

• Mon-Thur: 30 min stair master (while wearing ankle weights)
30 min upper body strength (still wearing ankle weights)

* strength usually consists of hand held/free weights with some body weight&machine exercise thrown in

•Fri: 40-45 min lower body (wearing ankle weights)
15-20 min core work (with ankle weights and possible upper body thrown in)

* strength mainly body weight exercise with some machine and hand held weights

Thank you :)

Replies

• PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Hello!

Going by the Scooby site and the info you provided, your TDEE=2290, BMR=1330, TDEE-5%=2180

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

so if you check the site, you can get a better idea of how many calories per macro you need, depending on your goal

most people are using the 40/30/30

I took a quick look at your diary, and it looks better than mine! Try to fill in the diary for the next day. Start with protein, then carbs, add fats where necessary. If your goal is to build muscle, then make sure you get in all your protein, and you might want to do a bulk cycle (I think there's a thread here somewhere that ppl are going to do it this winter). You would be eating above your TDEE at 2435.

Hope that helps you!
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    I've calculated my calories with my body fat percentage included so it is more accurate-ish :) the reason I ask about macros is because I have it set for 40-30-30, but rarely is it like that. It is usually (as today for example) is around 35-32-33. I just really don't want it to hinder my body composition. Which according to gymgoal was approx 15.6 BF
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Really try to fill your diary in the day/night before. It will keep you on track if you're trying to be spot on with calories and macros. If you leave about 150 cal in excess for "wiggle room" it will help with changes (last minute invites), I usually make those as carbs/fat calories. If you need to eat them, a piece of swiss cheese and a few whole grain crackers will do it.
    I do have to add that very few people (I look at a lot of diaries for ideas) are dead on with their macros, those that come close are always at or above their protein %.