Checking In!

Options
Barberini
Barberini Posts: 140 Member
Day 15 today! My arms are still killing me from Kenpo X on Saturday. After my chest & shoulders DVD this morning I coated my upper body with tiger balm so hopefully that will help. I'm getting antsy about how much progress I'm making but it is still 2 weeks until I check in with the scale and measuring tape. Had a calorie bust on the weekend because of guests coming over for BBQ but other than that I have been sticking to my counts and doing okay with my ratios. I got push up stands and am waiting on my yoga block and weighted gloves to amp up my workouts. Hoping for another good week!

Hope you are all going well with your workouts!

Replies

• SteveCabral94
    SteveCabral94 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I did day 1 yesterday and soon as I leave work and before Football practice I need to do Day 2.
    I'm actually feeling very sore but it a great soreness.
  • Barberini
    Options
    Excellent! I look forward to hearing how it went for you. :)
  • SteveCabral94
    Options
    Day2 OUCH..... LOL feel great
  • JulieisaC
    JulieisaC Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Congrats Nicole! I'm curious to hear how your weighted glove experience works out, I was considering this or wrist weights vs. heavier dumbells...
  • Barberini
    Options
    Congrats Nicole! I'm curious to hear how your weighted glove experience works out, I was considering this or wrist weights vs. heavier dumbells...

Thanks, Julie! I will definitely update you after I try the weighted gloves. I added 1.5lb ankle weights to plyo today and got a great burn. I have really small wrists so I opted for gloves rather than wrist weights as the ones I had previously purchased (marketed as wrist/ankle weights) for my Jillian Michaels workouts are too big. Wrists weights with the thumb strap would probably work. I am planning to use them mostly for the cardio workouts, but they will probably also come in handy when making a bigger jump between dumbbell weights. They should be arriving any day so watch this space! I could probably use light hand weights to add extra resistance to my Kenpo X, too... The possibilities are endless!!
  • Barberini
    Options
    Day2 OUCH..... LOL feel great

I love that smug feeling after I bring it in a workout. :)
  • miggyxstardust
    miggyxstardust Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I finished Day 4 Yoga X, and boy was that a work out. I heard a lot of people hated Yoga X, but I thought it was really fun and challenging. My legs kill today mostly from the crazy warriors, seated prayers, and the splits! I even tried to do the crane position, but I face-planted onto a pillow. Overall, I had a lot of fun, and I'm looking forward to Legs and Back today.
  • SteveCabral94
    Options
    Awsome work ladies. I just finished day 3 and lost 3lbs so i'm pretty excited.
  • miggyxstardust
    Options
    I just finished Legs and Back and Ab Ripper X. I ache all over, and I'm not looking forward to walking like a penguin tomorrow at work. But overall, I'm happy that I pushed myself through it. I was so tired today, and I ended up taking a nap. Even though I was exhausted, I pushed myself to do the workout today, and I'm really happy I did it.
  • SteveCabral94
    Options
    I got yogaX today wish me luck.
  • miggyxstardust
    Options

Good Luck!!! It's really intense, but I found it a lot of fun.
  • Barberini
    Options
    Yesterday, I finished Day 4 Yoga X, and boy was that a work out. I heard a lot of people hated Yoga X, but I thought it was really fun and challenging. My legs kill today mostly from the crazy warriors, seated prayers, and the splits! I even tried to do the crane position, but I face-planted onto a pillow. Overall, I had a lot of fun, and I'm looking forward to Legs and Back today.

I didn't love it week one, but second time around i enjoyed it, and I got a yoga block today so tomorrow should be great and I am looking forward to it. I am going to balancing on my toes in the crane position for a while yet though! Glad you are enjoying it!
  • fivehartbeats
    fivehartbeats Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Day 2 was so hard but i must admit, i felt good afterwards!
  • miggyxstardust
    Options
    So I have a question. I finished Legs and Back yesterday, and I was really struggling during the exercises. I made sure to push myself, and my legs felt so sore. After the workout, I had two servings of chocolate milk. Someone told me that chocolate milk (1%) is a good recovery drink. Today, I'm not sore/barely sore. Is it because I didn't work out hard enough, or is the chocolate milk working? I'm really skeptical about it, and I'd like some advice.
  • SteveCabral94
    Options

Good Luck!!! It's really intense, but I found it a lot of fun.

Well i did the best i could and let me tell you it was ugly. Hopefully i can get better at it. I swear I looked like a turtle on its back half the time.
  • Barberini
    Options
    So I have a question. I finished Legs and Back yesterday, and I was really struggling during the exercises. I made sure to push myself, and my legs felt so sore. After the workout, I had two servings of chocolate milk. Someone told me that chocolate milk (1%) is a good recovery drink. Today, I'm not sore/barely sore. Is it because I didn't work out hard enough, or is the chocolate milk working? I'm really skeptical about it, and I'd like some advice.

I have heard that it is a good recovery drink, too, but I haven't read the studies myself. I actually just told my husband yesterday that I was thinking about getting some. It is to do with the 4:1 ratio of carbs to protein, like in the p90x recovery drink. Personally, I have a whey protein shake after my workouts. Didn't do so on Saturday, and was the sorest I've been in the days after. Could just be coincidence. If it fits in your calories and macros I think it is worth seeing if it helps. I imagine there are a lot of posts on it in the message boards if you do a search.
  • miggyxstardust
    Options
    I did Kenpo X yesterday, and it was a lot of fun! I was sweating so much, and that made me really happy. I'm still not coordinated as I would like to be, so it was a definite challenge to keep up with the workout. I hope that once my footwork gets faster, I can keep up with the video. The hip popping/driving the hip forward is reminiscent of my track and field days, so that wasn't so much of a challenge. Overall, I'm really looking forward to stretching/resting today, but I think I might go on the elliptical today.
  • SteveCabral94
    Options
    I did Kenpo X yesterday, and it was a lot of fun! I was sweating so much, and that made me really happy. I'm still not coordinated as I would like to be, so it was a definite challenge to keep up with the workout. I hope that once my footwork gets faster, I can keep up with the video. The hip popping/driving the hip forward is reminiscent of my track and field days, so that wasn't so much of a challenge. Overall, I'm really looking forward to stretching/resting today, but I think I might go on the elliptical today.

I love kenpo x. i'm on week two day1
  • Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 1 today!
  • Barberini
    Options
    Just finished day 1 today!

Awesome! Great to have you on the team. :)