Options
Hi I am new to this, I want to lose about 20-25 pounds. Seems like I having been saying this for the last 5 years!!! Need some support, with me it's always I will start "tomorrow!

Replies

• FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Hi
    New to this group too. Brenda, you can do it, I did the same as you for many years..lost my weight and have maintained for over a year. You can do it too;-)
  • pattysanderson71
    pattysanderson71 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am new here also. I will be 41 next month and finding that it is very true what "they" always say...."much harder to lose weight as you get older"! I have been dieting on my own since the first of June, (well really have been dieting my whole life) I joined the gym than too...still go to gym 5 days a week and walk 5 Km most evenings, still the scales don't seem to show it. I joined MFP to be more accountable for what I eat and to be more aware of my caloric intake. I generally eat healthy but have the odd bad day like most normal people. I am having a mental challenge to keep motivated because I think I should have better results for my efforts!! Anyone else in the same boat???
  • midwestdawn
    midwestdawn Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am having a mental challenge to keep motivated because I think I should have better results for my efforts!! Anyone else in the same boat???

I switched to monthly weigh-ins (instead of daily or weekly). I know what choices I have to make to become healthier, and it's much easier for me to stay on that path when I don't have the numbers on the scale messing with my head so often.
  • CaLaurie
    CaLaurie Posts: 178
    Options
    Hi Brenda and All! Yeah, I said "I'll start tomorrow" too many times to count! Anyone can feel free to add me for mutual support and motivation. :happy: