Week 7!!!! Keep Fighting!!!

Options
IamSheaMc
IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
Week 7! aka (((day 42))). It will be Recovery Week before you know it! Keep fighting the end results will be so worth the fight. The pain is only temporary! :glasses:

Replies

• IamSheaMc
    Options
    Where has everyone gone?

Week1 78 logs
    Week2 57 logs
    Week3 35 logs
    Week4 33 logs
    Week5 17 logs
    Week6 13 logs

I hope everyone is keeping up with their workouts!
  • fizzy123
    fizzy123 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'm still here, although its getting difficult to log every day, I am trying to keep the momentum up.
    Doing the exercises is getting a little boring :blushing: although they are getting easier, but then that's the challenge.I have to say that I feel great when I have it done.
    We are over half way through, so I hope that every one is getting on and pushing play..
    Did Core synergistic today and increased my Dreya rolls.LOL
    Shea: You look fab in the dress. The hard work you are doing is definitely paying off. You are shrinking away !!!
    Thanks for keeping the thread live...WTG
  • IamSheaMc
    Options
    I'm still here, although its getting difficult to log every day, I am trying to keep the momentum up.
    Doing the exercises is getting a little boring :blushing: although they are getting easier, but then that's the challenge.I have to say that I feel great when I have it done.
    We are over half way through, so I hope that every one is getting on and pushing play..
    Did Core synergistic today and increased my Dreya rolls.LOL
    Shea: You look fab in the dress. The hard work you are doing is definitely paying off. You are shrinking away !!!
    Thanks for keeping the thread live...WTG

I must admit I am getting a little bored myself and getting in that dress and making a mini before and after is something I did to motivate myself, and thank you very much :flowerforyou: Glad you are still here pushing play I commend you. It would be awesome if everyone could check in daily, but I know that wont happen all I want is to see you to know all is well.

I see you're getting your Dreya roll counts up, Awesome job!!

Chest,Shoulders & Triceps, Ab Ripper X (((Done)))
  • fizzy123
    Options
    Well finished Cardio tonight.I so nearly didn't do it, as it was late for me here and I'd had a bad food choice for Dinner (Taco Fries).
    I feel so much better after doing the exs, like I've wiped the slate clean, hence new profile pic new day.Keep me motivated :smile:
  • IamSheaMc
    Options
    ^^ good job Fizzy keep fighting the good fight!

Plyometrics done! Back, Biceps and Ab Ripper X tomorrow. :happy:
  • fizzy123
    Options
    Thanks Shea.:flowerforyou:
    Chest Shoulders and Triceps with Ab Ripper X done today 258 cal burn.
    My arms are like Jelly now .:tongue:
    Keep pushing play.!!
  • usernamekelly1
    usernamekelly1 Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Thanks for FR fizzy123, I'm intending to re-do this week because the bairns stayed at grandmas for a few days and this is very rare it was over a year and a half since the last time, so I'd never been out on a bike ride with Dave since I got my bike a few weeks back, so instead of doing plyo we went for a 20 mile ride instead (I was intending if my legs were upto it doing it on the evening) I'm doing p90x and insanity together (instead of p90x doubles, tomy twice daily is not worth thinking of)

Anyway about 2 miles left, I was looking at the views and hadn't notice my OH slow and by the time I'd notice our wheels were tangled I had no where to go as there was a drop to my right so I had to turn my wheel slam the breaks and I ended up falling off, so my hands are both cut and my forearm, my knee took a battering and my left shin has a whooper of a lump on it. After I clean up I got back on but about another mile on I fell onto my bar and have hurt the top of my inside leg, the bruise is black and blue now.

So yes I can't lift anything, nor can I put pressure on my hands and my legs hurt so I'm having a break, I've walk though, (did a hike yesterday) it's meant to be my yoga today (my fav) but my hands are got wounds on so they need to heel.

I may just skip the week and go recovery next week depending on how I'm heeling, but I'm still here and will be pressing play as soon as possible!
  • fizzy123
    Options
    Wow Kelly thats a bad fall.
    Hope you feel better soon.:flowerforyou:
    Don't do too much walking while the lump is on the shin,that can be periostial bleeding (under the lining of the bone and is trapped there) very sore and takes a while to heal.
    Your fitness won't be compromised by a week or so recovery.In fact, bet you see an improvement after the rest period.Thats when the adaptive changes take place, ergo the reason for all that training in the first place.!!
    Just watch the diet while you aren't as active.
  • usernamekelly1
    usernamekelly1 Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I took a total rest day today, so I can heel up. I feel I could workout tomorrow but I'm not stupid and don't want to put my recovery in jeopardy so I'm taking the time off. The shin is going down and the bruising has come out.

I did have some wine on Monday evening (I don't normally drink, probs six month since the last time) but I wanted to sleep the first night as it was painful and I didn't have the kids so a hangover was okay to have. I'm eating maintenance this week but my diets good and my activity level is set to sedentary (although I'm not)
  • IamSheaMc
    Options
    Wow Kelly you can litterally say you got in shape though "blood, sweat and tears", so sorry to hear that you got injured because I see you working hard, feel better soon, I know this wont stop you.

Oh since this is the half way mark let me share my stats:

...................Day 1..................Day 44
    Weight ......147lbs.....................145.5lbs.............. ..down 1.5lbs
    Neck..........12.5'........................12.5'
    Bust............39'...........................38'...........................down 1'
    Arms...........11'(L) 11'(R)............11'(L) 11'(R)
    Waist...........35'...........................34.5'........................down .5'
    Hips.............37.5'........................37.5'
    Legs............22'(L) 22'(R)............22.5'(L) 22.5'(R).......up 1'

Not much has changed but i'm still going.

Back & Biceps & Ab Ripper X Done!
  • faithchange
    faithchange Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hello my fellow P90X buddies! Sorry it's been a while since my last post. Life has been crazy, but I'm still pushing play and haven't skipped a workout. I've been doing LEAN, so I do my P90X and then some running, zumba or something else to boost the burn.

Today, I did the Yoga X. It's not my favorite, but I do get through it and it probably is helping in ways I don't know.

I've had a four pound gain two weeks ago (thought it was related to my monthly curse, but the gain has not escaped...) :(

Since starting P90X July 1....

Weight: 179, today 175 ( I was down to 172...but struggling for some reason).

Arms: 12, today 11.5 each arm

Hips: 41.5, today 39

Thighs: 25 each, today 24 each

waist: 36, today 33

I guess I shouldn't complain...I have lost 7 inches and 4-7 lbs.

I still am confused about the macronutrients. I'm 1700 BMR as suggested by P90X program online and I did the 50 % protein, 30% carbs, and 20 % fats the first phase (where I had the most changes and loss)...was told to change to 40/40/20 phase 2 and then 60/20/20 phase 3. I tried the phase 2, but am struggling.

Many times I see myself over on fats and never getting all the protein. I do get all my calories at least the 1700 plus some of the exercise calories if I'm hungry or need my little (not so good treat, ie dark chocolate m/ms)

You all have any suggestions? I feel more strength and feel good overall. I'm not giving up. I do have about 25 I still want to lose, if possible.
  • fizzy123
    Options
    Hi Faith,
    I'm doing the Lean program as well, I tweaked my macros to the 40carb 30 30 after a bad experience with the 50 protein ,(wasn't hitting the target anyway) LOL I've sent you a fried request.

You've got a great inch loss and l think the lbs will drop again when you recalculate.I spent the evening yesterday reevaluating my goals and macros.and came across some really interesting info.I wear an accurate HRM and don't get high burns doing the P90x.

I think you should look at recalculating your BMR a little more scientifically. I dont know what height and age you are but I suspect your BMR should be somewhere in the 1500's !!
    Maybe have a look at this topic:
    TOPIC: TDEE & BMR: What they are and what to do with them

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/heybales?month=201207
    (Scroll to the bottom to find the link to the spreadsheet)

Hope this is useful
  • _SASX_
    _SASX_ Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Bad fall! hope you're feeling better.

Halfway mark for most of you! Congrats! It's hard to stay motivated when you have to watch the same vids day after day, so think of different ways to make it better for yourself. You know what he's going to say by now, so think about turning off his voice and turning on some music. Or start your own commentary of what you think the others with Tony are thinking. Or, up your weights. make it a struggle-find what it was like at the beginning. Try and beat your own reps at a specific weight. Do something a little different (do day 6 on day 1) switch it up. Award yourself with something silly like stickers (my fave reward) everyday you push play.

I can't help as much with the macros as I've always has issues getting enough protein, but I always try and eat my protein in at the beginning of my meal then veg then carbs (mixed up a little to for variety) but that's usually how I eat my foods.

Also, don't forget to use that camera!! Remember, you are losing weight, but you are also gaining muscle. Muscle is denser than fat, so you may lose inches, but not budge on the scale. that's because you're trading fat for muscle-same weight but different sizes.

so don't get discouraged, keep pushing play!
  • allyjoy83
    allyjoy83 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I know that I've been slacking on the posting. I'm still working it out. I'm behind one day this week. I'll either make it up today, or I'll pick it up on Sunday since next week is a rest week. Doing plyo after intervals was a little over ambitious yesterday. But each day has its lessons. I haven't lost my motivation -- last week's cold really threw a wrench in my working out, but I'm back now, and dedicated as ever. :)
  • fizzy123
    Options
    Ran today 5k 345 cals and now going to attempt Yoga .:-( :sad: I know I won't get through it all.
  • fizzy123
    Options
    Ran today 5k 345 cals and now going to attempt Yoga .:-( :sad: I know I won't get through it all.
    Edit to correct attitude!!
    I decided that my attitude to Yoga was wrong and so I am going to take the rest of the evening off, reset my head and commit to YOGA on Sunday the rest/stretch day.:blushing:

Faith. What height are you? I reckon that you are calculating your BMR too high unless you are over 6 ft!! At 5ft 5 BMR is 1532 TDEE is 2374 you would have to eat 1899 cal daily to have a 20% deficit and not eat any exs cals back as that factors in your exs activity at the start.
    Hope that helps.
  • IamSheaMc
    Options
    Thanks for loging guys and Faith you've lost more that I have I haven't lost any inches I accually gained on my legs :)..
  • fizzy123
    Options
    I have lost no lbs or inches since last check in BUT my BF % is now 27.9. Guess who's happy. Last post tonight.
  • faithchange
    faithchange Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hi Faith,
    I'm doing the Lean program as well, I tweaked my macros to the 40carb 30 30 after a bad experience with the 50 protein ,(wasn't hitting the target anyway) LOL I've sent you a fried request.

You've got a great inch loss and l think the lbs will drop again when you recalculate.I spent the evening yesterday reevaluating my goals and macros.and came across some really interesting info.I wear an accurate HRM and don't get high burns doing the P90x.

I think you should look at recalculating your BMR a little more scientifically. I dont know what height and age you are but I suspect your BMR should be somewhere in the 1500's !!
    Maybe have a look at this topic:
    TOPIC: TDEE & BMR: What they are and what to do with them

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/heybales?month=201207
    (Scroll to the bottom to find the link to the spreadsheet)

Hope this is useful

Thank you for the friend request and helping me! I'm 39 old female, 5'8 175 right now, but got down to 172. I feel comfortable at 1700, but whether at 1700 or 1500 I'm always going over either carbs or fat...fat mostly. Is this ok if it is good fats?
  • IamSheaMc
    Options
    I have lost no lbs or inches since last check in BUT my BF % is now 27.9. Guess who's happy. Last post tonight.

Nice! Any progress is great progress! :drinker:

Yoga X done! :....Not a fan :grumble: