Too skinny is way worse than too fat

Options
catherine4211
catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
So.......this is about the guy I had asked to meet for a drink. The pictures I had seen of him made him look quite chunky. No biggie. So when I walked in I almost didn't recognize him he was so skinny. Too skinny. Like disgusting skinny. It totally turned me off. So I'm telling you guys out there that might not be in perfect shape that you are just fine as you are!!!!!

We got along just fine but there was zero attraction on my part. Part of that is that I'm in love with the ex-non-boyfriend boyfriend. But the skinny thing really bugs me. I swear I could have crushed him. Felt like I hugged my 95 year old grandma. I won't even get started on how much he drank.

Replies

• oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Yeah.. I love my men to have a little bit of meat and muscle on them!
  • disneywm76
    disneywm76 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I agree. I tend to not be as attracted to slender guys. Now, broad shoulders with a little extra......yummy! :wink:
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    I'm normal weight, so I don't think any one has ever thought of me as too skinny.

I think the majority of men often prefer too skinny women over too fat women.

Online pictures can be deceiving, which is one of the pitfalls of online dating.
  • catherine4211
    Options
    I'm normal weight, so I don't think any one has ever thought of me as too skinny.

Online pictures can be deceiving, which is one of the pitfalls of online dating.

This wasn't online dating (I gave up on that YEARS ago).....he's a brother of a co-worker. The pics I had seen were from facebook.
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options

Based on what I have read in other threads, it seems to be the opposite of this.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

Based on what I have read in other threads, it seems to be the opposite of this.

Actions speak louder than words. Guys can say what they prefer all day long but look at the crazy skinny *****es with boyfriends vs almost any single girl you know (generalization, but keep in mind statistics not totality of a statement)
  • Duckz1
    Duckz1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Interesting... I like 'em tall and skinny. I've had a couple boyfriends who were over 6' tall and around 150-160 lbs. To each her own :)
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options

Actions speak louder than words. Guys can say what they prefer all day long but look at the crazy skinny *****es with boyfriends vs almost any single girl you know (generalization, but keep in mind statistics not totality of a statement)

If that's the basis for reasoning, I see a lot more rail thin guys with big women than I see fat men with any woman.
  • TheKitsune6
    Options

If that's the basis for reasoning, I see a lot more rail thin guys with big women than I see fat men with any woman.

Sure, but you probably see more slightly overweight men with beautiful women than you see skinny dudes with beautiful women.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Who you prefer vs. who you actually end up with up can be different things.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I've dated really skinny, muscular, and overweight. My guy right now is REALLY skinny. He weighs less than me. I guess I'd like him with a little more meat on his bones, but I like him nonetheless.

I don't think it's fair for men to say women should look a certain way, so I don't want to do that to men. A lot of guys (including mine) have a really hard time putting on any weight. Just as hard of a time as I have losing it. It's a double standard, and I don't want to be a hypocrite.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I see a lot more rail thin guys with big women than I see fat men with any woman.
    Eh! They do what they can...
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I try to not concern myself too much with what the opposite sex thinks of my body. Operative word here, of course, is "try". I focus more on how I feel about myself when I look in the mirror or hike up a hill.

I've found that there will always be a group of people who like or dislike whatever body type I have, especially when combined with the personality I radiate. Being too skinny might disqualify me from one chick's fantasy while injecting me directly into another. Same thing with being ripped and opening jars with my abs.
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    I agree. I tend to not be as attracted to slender guys. Now, broad shoulders with a little extra......yummy! :wink:

Were we sisters in a past life? LOL
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    Same thing with being ripped and opening jars with my abs.

Oh hey, my washer is broken. Help a girl out?
  • catherine4211
    Options
    I think that if he had totally knocked my socks off I wouldn't care that he's too skinny.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options

I think men say they would rather have a girl with curves/is bigger but in actually most would rather have a skinnier girl
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Yeah.. I love my men to have a little bit of meat and muscle on them!
    ^Exactly! That's much more attractive.

Most of the men I know like very thin women. There have been some arguments on FB where they have gotten offended that a model who looked anorexic was called that by female friends because they felt like their preference in women was being attacked. I think generally, they like women with curves, but will go for a rake thin woman over one who is overweight, although there are a few exceptions I can think of (again, speaking of MY friends here, not generalizing).
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Every person is different in what they are attracted to. I prefer skinny guys over bigger guys.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    The problem is that no two people see or define skinny or fat the same way.
    Hell I bet 90% of all ladies see themselves as "fat" in some way,so no wonder many think guys like rail thin...they view so many others as such in comparison to themselves.

To me Twiggy,the Olson twins,Victoria Beckham etc are what I call rail thin and thus undesireable.