Too skinny is way worse than too fat

Options
2»

Replies

• The_Iron
    The_Iron Posts: 288
    Options
    We need some flow charts in this thread.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

I think the majority of men often prefer too skinny women over too fat women.

Based on what I have read in other threads, it seems to be the opposite of this.

I think men say they would rather have a girl with curves/is bigger but in actually most would rather have a skinnier girl

If that were the case then no person bigger than 'skinnier' would be in a relationship!!! :huh:
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I think the majority of men often prefer too skinny women over too fat women.
    Based on what I have read in other threads, it seems to be the opposite of this.
    I think men say they would rather have a girl with curves/is bigger but in actually most would rather have a skinnier girl
    If that were the case then no person bigger than 'skinnier' would be in a relationship!!! :huh:

From what I've observed, most guys prefer the skinnier girl but will take what they can get in terms of balancing beauty, personality, and accessibility.

I, personally, prefer a broader man (I hate the Miss Piggy/Kermit the Frog syndrome) but I'd say 90% of guys who find me attractive are super-thin guys. Seems like the broader guys end up with the thinner women.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I think that if he had totally knocked my socks off I wouldn't care that he's too skinny.

That's the perfect point. Once the initial physical (sexual) attraction is out the way (probably 2 minutes later), then the person needs to be backing up any physique with something more!!

You could have the perfect bod and be a total bore! Or you could be overweight and be the best company.

I know which I would prefer :smokin:
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I think that if he had totally knocked my socks off I wouldn't care that he's too skinny.

That's the perfect point. Once the initial physical (sexual) attraction is out the way (probably 2 minutes later), then the person needs to be backing up any physique with something more!!

There was one rail-thin guy I met from Match (who looked bigger in his pics) that, through our conversation I developed an attraction for by the end of the first date. It didn't last though- because I caught him in a few dumb lies and that killed it for me. Just some anecdotal evidence that sometimes we can become attracted to a person who isn't our preferred physical type.
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Every person is different in what they are attracted to. I prefer skinny guys over bigger guys.

Skinny like when you hug them you feel the bones in their back??? It felt like I was hugging my 95 year old grandma.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I like lean.. But my version of lean might be skinny to someone else.

My guy now is 6'5, broad shoulders, big wide back, big athletic legs and big arms. To me, he's bigger than my regular lean but I'm a huge admirer of his body now.

Funny thing is to me, usually guys of his build are attracted to petite women (from what I can tell). But Hulk loves my soft parts. So did my lean ex bf. It's been a huge surprise.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I prefer bigger guys to skinny (I not thin and fit, mind you, but skinny). I dated a skinny guy a few months ago and I felt like I could break him if things got heated. The next guy I dated? Pretty big guy (overweight, not muscular). But I was way more attracted to him.

But like someone else mentioned, I don't care as long as he knocks my socks off. :love:
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    The problem is that no two people see or define skinny or fat the same way.
    Hell I bet 90% of all ladies see themselves as "fat" in some way,so no wonder many think guys like rail thin...they view so many others as such in comparison to themselves.

To me Twiggy,the Olson twins,Victoria Beckham etc are what I call rail thin and thus undesireable.
    You're right Carl - I used to think I was fat when I was young, fit and quite thin compared to now. I'd love to have that body again!. Women are conditioned from young to think they always need improvement in things like their weight. The idea of dating a skinny guy makes me feel like I will appear much fatter standing next to him. :tongue:

Your examples are also what I think of - women who are so underweight, their rib and collar bones jut out of them, and their arms are so thin, it looks like skin over bone with no underlying muscle tone. It looks unhealthy - like they've just starved themselves to a such a skinny state, they've lost so much muscle mass. That is unattractive to me in both men and women. There are thin models, actresses, etc. I also see that don't have that starved look about them, so I'm not against thin women generally - I just oppose when it's taken to an extreme that looks (and most likely is) unhealthy and that is being held up as the ideal for women to attain.
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    I'm not "skinny" by any means (I don't consider myself fat either though) and I prefer skinny or average sized guys over "big" guys. The only problem with skinny guys is sometimes they can make you feel big...

I wouldn't totally write off bigger guys though. I would date someone a little chunkier, as long as they were NOT unhealthily, grossly obese. For example, when I was a junior in high school there was this senior who sat behind me in study hall. He was over 6 foot tall and easily around 300 lbs. He added me on FB and would message me late at night and tried to give me his number. Eww, no thank you. Not only was he not my type physically, he was also a jerk... anyway I totally got off topic. What I'm trying to say is personality is a big factor and also a little bit of a belly is fine. You don't have to look like an Abercrombie and Fitch model. haha
  • Katefab26
    Katefab26 Posts: 865
    Options
    For you it is. For me it's not. To each her own :flowerforyou:
  • RMuske
    RMuske Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I have dated really thin guys, average guys, super muscular broad guys, and guys that were on the chubby side and honestly every time their personality won me over so their physique became a non-issue.

I recently told the guy I am dating that I should look better naked than he does and it isn't fair that he is so hot! He laughed at me like I was crazy. :tongue:
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I should add to my post - this skinny guy is diabetic. So he's not even a healthy thin. He looks like he's sick to me. Sunken in.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    The problem is that no two people see or define skinny or fat the same way.
    Hell I bet 90% of all ladies see themselves as "fat" in some way,so no wonder many think guys like rail thin...they view so many others as such in comparison to themselves.

To me Twiggy,the Olson twins,Victoria Beckham etc are what I call rail thin and thus undesireable.
    You're right Carl - I used to think I was fat when I was young, fit and quite thin compared to now. I'd love to have that body again!. Women are conditioned from young to think they always need improvement in things like their weight. The idea of dating a skinny guy makes me feel like I will appear much fatter standing next to him. :tongue:

Your examples are also what I think of - women who are so underweight, their rib and collar bones jut out of them, and their arms are so thin, it looks like skin over bone with no underlying muscle tone. It looks unhealthy - like they've just starved themselves to a such a skinny state, they've lost so much muscle mass. That is unattractive to me in both men and women. There are thin models, actresses, etc. I also see that don't have that starved look about them, so I'm not against thin women generally - I just oppose when it's taken to an extreme that looks (and most likely is) unhealthy and that is being held up as the ideal for women to attain.

Rule of thumb...if a ladys butt is flatter or skinnier then mine,I am not interested.